@@ Internet Sharing Help Needed !!!! @@

arijit_ad

Broken In
Clipboard01.png

i have attached my network configuration. PC0 has an internet connection. How can I share my internet on PC0 with PC1 and PC3

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
what are you trying to achieve?if pc0 has internet then obviously it is coming from router0 which in turn is also connected to router2 & pc3 so both pc2 & pc3 should have internet access too.

OP
A

arijit_ad

Broken In
what are you trying to achieve?if pc0 has internet then obviously it is coming from router0 which in turn is also connected to router2 & pc3 so both pc2 & pc3 should have internet access too.

router0 is my local isp. it provides username and password to every client for use (router1 is me. router2 and pc3 are my friends). now i want to share my internet with friends who are in same isp network. i.e router2 and PC3. They cannot access internet as they don't have is subscription, but I have subscribed.

Hrishi

router0 is my local isp. it provides username and password to every client for use (router1 is me. router2 and pc3 are my friends). now i want to share my internet with friends who are in same isp network. i.e router2 and PC3. They cannot access internet as they don't have is subscription, but I have subscribed.

I don't think that is possible so easily.
AFAIK , not more than one I.P. address can log in to the same user ID. Internet access is based on authentication using the credentials provided by I.S.P.
If your friends were located under the segment of your local router ( Router1 ) , it would have been possible easily.

You will need to establish NAT ( Network Address Translation ) to achieve what you are trying to do. Maybe if you are able to create VLAN then you maybe able to share the internet as well , but not sure if it's practically possible here.

On a side note , you have only one internet connection coming from ISP router->router1->PC itself, right ??

Last edited:
OP
A

arijit_ad

Broken In
I don't think that is possible so easily.
AFAIK , not more than one I.P. address can log in to the same user ID. Internet access is based on authentication using the credentials provided by I.S.P.
If your friends were located under the segment of your local router ( Router1 ) , it would have been possible easily.

You will need to establish NAT ( Network Address Translation ) to achieve what you are trying to do. Maybe if you are able to create VLAN then you maybe able to share the internet as well , but not sure if it's practically possible here.

On a side note , you have only one internet connection coming from ISP router->router1->PC itself, right ??

yes..
is it not possible to run some service like proxy server from pc0 and then portforward it through router. and then those other pc and router can access my service and do internet?.?

Hrishi

^Wouldn't it cause conflicts when you duplicate the MAC IDs ?? I guess there must be a switch in between as well , right ??

- - - Updated - - -

yes..
is it not possible to run some service like proxy server from pc0 and then portforward it through router. and then those other pc and router can access my service and do internet?.?

I think it's a possible solution , but not sure how effective it'll be. Are you able to access the resources on his system directly ??

Top Bottom