Internet in Linux via Mobile GPRS thru Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
What was the problem in those two? I haven't used internet via gprs so no idea.
There's obex file tranfer GUI. Don't remember it's exact name now but it's kde based so it will need kdelibs if you don't have one. I use obexftp which is CLI.

anantkhaitan

Burning Bright
Same pin problem no authorization and no pairing ..
Perhaps if once u pair u mobile in debian based distro anyhow then everything will be ok

anantkhaitan

Burning Bright
Errrr...
Friends facing the same paring problem for Sabayon.. which I faced in Ubuntu
this is the error message:
HCI authentication request failed : Input/Output Error
Once it get paired it will work fine for ever .. but this one time paring i a major headache.
Fedora and other just works fine.. echo a window to enter the authentication code

mehulved

Well try to speak once to people on #sabayon@irc.freenode.net
They're really helpful people there and if you provide sufficient information there they might be able to help you out.
At what step do you get that error? During
Code:
hcitool auth <bt address>
Are you running the above command as root?

EDIT
This may help *ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=318060. Especially check the 7th post.

anantkhaitan

Burning Bright
Yes tried both as root and normal user... but not echocing the confirmation Pin window which i get in Fedora..
Is there any way to set a Default Pass.. I know it is 1234 but it doesnot authorizes...

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
ok, here goes..
I got Sabayon up and running and have been facing problems pairing my phone with my pc using BT.(HCI authentication failed..... error)
There is a problem with the pin-helper in /etc/bluetooth/ .
You'll have to use the /usr/lib/kdebluetooth/kbluepin instead and replace the pin-helper in /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
Once you do it, Pairing is done w/o any problems..

mehulved

How was it solved. Please mention the method cos if somebody else faces it, they can know the solution too.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
OK, actually, I faced the problem and fixed it too. :D
It will work with the KDE version of Sabayon.
1.) Log in as root.
2.) Type:
Code:
 nano /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
And look out for the entry :
Code:
# PIN helper
pin_helper /etc/bluetooth/pin-helper;
3.) replace
Code:
/etc/bluetooth/pin-helper
with
Code:
/usr/lib/kdebluetooth/kbluepin

Thats it. Then pair as usual by issuing:
Code:
#hcitool cc <your mac address>
Code:
#hcitool auth <your mac address>

and use the pin thats stored in the file 'pin' in /etc/bluetooth/
Cheers. I hope that solves things.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
^^^ So it's distro specific.
3.) replace
Code:
/etc/bluetooth/pin-helper
with
Code:
/usr/lib/kdebluetooth/kbluepin

And now I am having trouble in finding the bluepin file in GNOME based on Foresight Linux. Where is it located?

mehulved

No it's not distro specific, it's DE specific. But, what's the problem with /etc/bluetooth/pin-helper? It's working for me here.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
mehulved said:
No it's not distro specific, it's DE specific. But, what's the problem with /etc/bluetooth/pin-helper? It's working for me here.

There is no pin-helper in /etc/bluetooth/. Please see my other thread for more details. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56538

If you need any more information about my configuration files, I can provide you.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
mehulved said:

Whats DE ? Did you mean KDE ?

Kiran said:
And now I am having trouble in finding the bluepin file in GNOME based on Foresight Linux. Where is it located?

Its there in KDE.... I've already mentioned it in my post.. BTW ,does Foresight have bluez-utils pre-installed ?

What exact problem are you facing and in which step? If you could Elucidate a bit more, it could lead to the exact troubleshooting ..

Last edited:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
kaustav_geek said:
What exact problem are you facing and in which step? If you could Elucidate a bit more, it could lead to the exact troubleshooting ..

I have changed my distro. Now I am using Ubuntu 7.04. Very user friendly installations and configurations due to synaptic Package manager. Now I have no problems-connected to internet via GPRS mobile too. Changed the look & feel of GUI-it's like Vista now....cool! ;)

azzu

AJJU
hey I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY MANDRIVA 2007 it is:

when i enter code:
rfcomm bind 0 my phn id 1
i get a error message called :CANT CREATE DEVICE :ADDRESS ALREADY IN USE

then i typed
nano -w /etc/wvdial.conf
It says no such file found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom