internet in 2 sys without router or modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shift

Seed is the Life!!
guys, how to share internet without router?

my sys has 2 lan port, 1 connected to internet through BX220 modem or 1 to other sys through lan

can the other system connect to internet using my sys through lan? ( since i dnt have router or switch)

if so, please tell me

thanks in advance

i search the forum but could find any answer

Yes u can...Just go to Network connections and Share the LAN connection which u r using to connect to ur Router..
but this PC needs to be on for other to access Internet.

OP
shift

shift

Seed is the Life!!
both are connected.......

pliz tell me in details......like, configuring IP address and all those necessary stuffs

because right now 1 port connected to internet through modem and 1 connected to other system and still cant access internet from other system

thanks again

Enter same network settings in both computers..only IP shud be diff...other things like Default gateway and DNS server will be same...and the adapter(LAN card) which is connected to the Modem shud be shared(just right click and share). If u want I will attach some screenshots.

abhijitroy

Broken In
Comp A - Direct Internet Connection. Comp B - to share the internet connection of comp A. Run network connection wizard in Comp A and use pen drive to copy the set up in Comp B. This will eliminate writing ip adds yourself. Then in comp B in the internet explorer > tools > internet options > LAN settings > check in automatically detect settings > OK. In comp A enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). You are done. Give feedback. Oops! you need to connect both computers by LAN cord beforehand.

OP
shift

shift

Seed is the Life!!
Comp A - Direct Internet Connection. Comp B - to share the internet connection of comp A. Run network connection wizard in Comp A and use pen drive to copy the set up in Comp B. This will eliminate writing ip adds yourself. Then in comp B in the internet explorer > tools > internet options > LAN settings > check in automatically detect settings > OK. In comp A enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). You are done. Give feedback. Oops! you need to connect both computers by LAN cord beforehand.

i connect it like the way u said and ist connected. but when i open Internet Explorer from the comp B, comp A automatically disconnect from the modem.

its a BX220 ADSL modem with Airtel Unlimited @ 384kbps

any other idea??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom