Internet Explorer 9 Crash issue

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I was trying out Tor and Ultrasurf recently and a strange problem has started with Internet Explorer 9.

I am not sure which one I used first, but one of the proxy app but it caused a BSOD. After the system restart I didn't bother to look into the proxy apps again.

recently I had to use the tools again and this time it didn't crash and I was able to use the browser. Later I ran the app again and this time another BSOD..

after restart I noticed that IE 9 Crashes on startup with the following error description.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 9.0.8112.16421
Application Timestamp: 4d76255d
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e211319
Exception Code: e06d7363
Exception Offset: 0000b9bc
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 9ecc
Additional Information 2: 9ecc517cda85939b09a9b847c97bbd35
Additional Information 3: b73f
Additional Information 4: b73f085665cebed13e0ef3cc681ae962

after closing the message I get the same message again.. only resolution is to kill it via taskmanager.

I have tried restoring the settings to default, tried running IE on Admin privileges, run without add ons .. none worked.. also tried looking at the apps official sites for info .. but I couldn't find any..

So any one else faced the same situation ?

Last resort will be to do a system restore and check, but my system is fine form day I bought my system :D . its almost 1 year without reinstalling Windows 7 :D

C:\Users\Charan>systeminfo | find /i "install date"
Original Install Date: 7/9/2011, 5:42:02 PM

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Just wondering,

Type this in the run field:

Code:
“C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” -private

Does IE9 start/work fine with that?

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@ico strange.. IE works fine when run from command prompt.. but not from shortcut!!!

@topgear.. ill check that..

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@ico strange.. IE works fine when run from command prompt.. but not from shortcut!!!

Then just make a custom shortcut :p

Right click on desktop -> New Shortcut. Enter that command into the Location field. Enter name of shortcut.
Now right click the shortcut you just made, and change it's icon to IE. (Right click -> Properties -> Change icon).

There you go!

PS: This command will start IE in Private mode. Which essentially means no history will be kept. Just FYI.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
IE works fine ever without private parameter when run from command.. sure I can make a shotcut and bypass the error.. I will still want to know what would have caused the issue..
:)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Considering that the desktop default shortcut doesn't work, it just points that it got broke somehow.

Nevertheless, now would be the good time to ask.... Why IE?
Ultrasurf works on other (good/advanced) browser too, IMO.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ Considering that the desktop default shortcut doesn't work, it just points that it got broke somehow.

Nevertheless, now would be the good time to ask.... Why IE?
Ultrasurf works on other (good/advanced) browser too, IMO.

Simple .. I do web development and need to keep check on Browser Compatibility on all the pages I work on :)

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
IE works fine ever without private parameter when run from command.. sure I can make a shotcut and bypass the error.. I will still want to know what would have caused the issue..
:)
Weird actually.

I thought some plugin was causing the crash and -private mode means no plugin. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

kisame

King of Heroes
What about 32-bit IE 9??The shortcut suggested clearly points to 64-bit.
Is it 32-bit that is giving you problems???

I was trying out Tor and Ultrasurf recently and a strange problem has started with Internet Explorer 9.

I am not sure which one I used first, but one of the proxy app but it caused a BSOD. After the system restart I didn't bother to look into the proxy apps again.

recently I had to use the tools again and this time it didn't crash and I was able to use the browser. Later I ran the app again and this time another BSOD..

after restart I noticed that IE 9 Crashes on startup with the following error description.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 9.0.8112.16421
Application Timestamp: 4d76255d
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e211319
Exception Code: e06d7363
Exception Offset: 0000b9bc
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 9ecc
Additional Information 2: 9ecc517cda85939b09a9b847c97bbd35
Additional Information 3: b73f
Additional Information 4: b73f085665cebed13e0ef3cc681ae962

after closing the message I get the same message again.. only resolution is to kill it via taskmanager.

I have tried restoring the settings to default, tried running IE on Admin privileges, run without add ons .. none worked.. also tried looking at the apps official sites for info .. but I couldn't find any..

So any one else faced the same situation ?

Last resort will be to do a system restore and check, but my system is fine form day I bought my system :D . its almost 1 year without reinstalling Windows 7 :D

Tor only supports firefox and other then that it doesnt have any effect on other browsers

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
What about 32-bit IE 9??The shortcut suggested clearly points to 64-bit.
Is it 32-bit that is giving you problems???

you are right.. I dont know how I missed it, but 64 bit works fine.. I am 100% sure that I had checked this before. 32 bit browser still crashes even from command prompt even on private..

so the issue is still there..

ill try reinstalling IE..

kisame

King of Heroes
you are right.. I dont know how I missed it, but 64 bit works fine.. I am 100% sure that I had checked this before. 32 bit browser still crashes even from command prompt even on private..
so the issue is still there..
ill try reinstalling IE..

See if reinstalling helps.Else use 64-bit version.:wink::wink::wink:

Top Bottom