Internet connection problem in Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Hello i have upgraded ubuntu to latest version but i have a problem that whenever i set up ADSL connection useing
sudo pppoeconf

it is done successfully but as i use internet for few time say 10 mins the pages dont load and cant send or recieve files via IM

but i can start and do IM (chat)

it is in the version 7.10 i use BSNL broadband with GLB 502T Router

also if i could be able to set up pppoe username and passoword in modem i can still use , but it is not happning as usual can anyone assist me doing that ?

my net is weak so i am posting soon

TIA

bye

NucleusKore

TheSaint
after you connect ping the DNS server and post the output here. If your DNS server is 61.1.96.69 then open a terminal and type

ping 61.1.96.69

and press ENTER

See if any packets are being dropped.

If yes, in your network config, set the gateway as 192.168.1.1 and enter the DNS servers. If you do not know your DNS numbers ask your ISP or use open DNS - 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Try setting the gateway manually as 192.168.1.1 and enter the DNS servers. If you do not know your DNS numbers ask your ISP or use open DNS - 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

and restart the network or reboot

Last edited:

romainclair

Right off the assembly line
Hi I got the net on Ubuntu 7.1, with Reliance Data card, Huawei EC325, during many days. Now, I can not.
PPP daemon has died = A modem hang up the phone (exit code = 16). Var/log/messages = warning: secret file /etc/ppp/papsecrets has world and/or group access.
Please, can u help me to reconnect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom