Internet connection in Ubuntu 8.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamaran

Right off the assembly line
I require guidance for the following
1) I have installed Ubuntu 8.10 alongwith with windows XP pro. Windows XP is in C drive and Ubuntu is installed in D after partitioning by Ubuntu itself. I am using a BSNL Broadband and in Windows I am connecting internet using user name and password. How shall I establish this connectivity in Ubuntu? While Ubuntu copied my documents and pictures from Windows and working satisfactorily I am unable to connect to the net. I receive only error messages.

2) My D drive's capacity is 20 GB. But after Ubuntu is installed it shows only 9.5 GB. If I want to fformat Ubuntu what shall I do? I am unable to see the ubuntu partition in D drive.
kindly help me.
"thiruthiru" ( in Tamil this means blinking)

abyss88

Broken In
what error does it show,if u try to connect to internet? if u delete ur ubuntu partition, u will get an error on boot(as you will also delete the grub)..then you will have to restore your mbr.

*ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1021340.html

*ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-835177.html

Last edited:

abyss88

Broken In
if u are using ubuntu 8.10 and u have your modem connected via ethernet(i suppose)..u should be able to see small computer icon on top right corner,on the panel.in my case it says,"you are connected to auto eth0." wherever i boot ubuntu. right click on the icon>edit connection. then a small network connections window will open>go to DSL>click add>give username and password>check if u want to connect to internet automatically...it worked in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom