Internal TV Tuner Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
The post is in wrong section of "Reviews" nevertheless I will post in my requirement too.

X64bit Vista Ultimate (card should have x64 drivers)
20inch LCD 1680x1050 @ 60Hz
4gb ram

I need an internal digital TV tuner card which can display & record natively @ 1680x1050.

I will set up a home theater with my creative 4.1 speakers later buy 7.1 speakers.

My main requirement will be watching & recording music shows via tatasky STB, recording should have excellent quality stereo sound.

It should have TV pause facility & ability to set timer to record the show from multiple channels when I am not at home, for eg: 1-2PM record sregma, 9-10Pm record sab tv & so on, so when i return home I can watch the 3 programs of my choice from different channels. Will the tatasky STB let the card select channels???

I don't need a MCE card as I don't see its usage in my scenario but I am open to learn its feature if they are useful in my case.

Mpeg & divX recording ability

My budget can range from 3000 to 5000/- hope I can get some good card in that budget.

Last edited:

axxo

99.9% Idle
*www.leadtek.com/eng/tv_tuner/image/winfast_dvt1000t_2s.jpg
This card is in my next buy list hope it could perform most funcs that you have asked for. However its not possible to record independent channels via tata sky stb without your presence to change it manually.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
AXXO
Its indeed possible to remotely control the channels change, I read it on this blog thats why I am interested but I am not aware if its possible with a specific card or with the card you mentioned.

*techblog.saurabhkumar.com/2007/05/intelligent-television-viewing-my-pvr.html

axxo

99.9% Idle
AXXO
Its indeed possible to remotely control the channels change, I read it on this blog thats why I am interested but I am not aware if its possible with a specific card or with the card you mentioned.

*techblog.saurabhkumar.com/2007/05/intelligent-television-viewing-my-pvr.html

...that's gr8 never knew that before :cool:. Atleast I'm not sure if one such TV card exist already, but you may be in luck to find out one.

tusharlad

Down to Earth
I want to have a TV tuner card with my New DELL XPS 1530 M .
Dell is supplying "AVerMedia AVerTV Hybrid NanoExpress DVB-T " for Rs 3315 with this lappy.
Should I be able to watch Digital as well as Analogue TV. I also intend to record some programmes from Discovery and National Geographic. Is it possible with this card ?

Dell's tech person did not have clear idea about recording. He was telling that I would need a set top box for recording and may not be posible with the normal cable connection.

Pic. of vard and details ragarding it are attached. Please advise whether I should go for it or not. what about value for money ?

Key Features
Watch live Analog/Digital TV on your notebook PC* with Windows Vista Home Premium or Windows Vista Ultimate.
Super-adaptive 2/4-line comb filter for two dimensional chrominance/luminance-separation
Hardware sharpness filter
MPEG-2 720x480 compression
VBR, 2~9Mbps (compliant with Windows Media Center specification)
10 bit video decoder
Digital audio processing
Hardware VBI slicing
Audio/video input support
Worldwide audio decoder
DVB-T over-the-air digital TV support
ExpressCard54 device with PCIe bus interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom