Internal TV Tuner Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkiran

Broken In
Hi,
I am planning to buy a new PC, replacing old one. I need an internal TV Tuner card and my requirements are
Should detect most of the channels with good quality video & audio
Pause facility to be present
I should be able to record any channel, at a specified time schedule
FM Radio must be recordable
I should be able to take snap shot of any TV Program

I was considering Pinnacle & Leadtek PVR series cards. Please suggest me good internal TV Tuner cards.

Thanks in advance.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Don't worry, it will work fine. Vista certification means it will work fine in Vista Media center

satyamy

Alive Again...
humm.
almost all the TV Tuner now a days have all the facilities you are mentioning in their softwares
if its cost is 1500/- or more
The best in Industry is Pinnacle

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Yes! Pinnacle is the best!
I am a user of Pinnacle PCTV Sterio... So far pretty much satisfied. It detects all the channels (Some cheap ones like Frontech don't), have sterio output (hehehe) and the PVR software is pretty good.
Go for pinnacle.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Since u r running Windows XP, Pinnacle is your only option for a TV Tuner card with a nice software bundle (TV Center). If you were using WIndows Vista, then Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP MCE would have been better.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
One thing that should be considered is that you need to search for a digital card. Most of the cards are analogue which means that when you connect satellite tv, there will be a loss of quality like color loss etc.

Look for a digital TV tuner card. It will cost a little bit more but worth if you have satellite tv connection.

Pinnacle is the best when it comes to driver support and TV Center Pro software rocks.

I saw winfast tv application and it was confusing and cheap looking.

axxo

99.9% Idle
do you say that if i connect these analog cards to setop boxes like tata sky / dish the quality would be low? And what kinda cards that can I use to get max quality for connecting pc to tata sky?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
something like this: *www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/...igital+PVR+(DVB-S_DVB-T)/PCTV+Sat+Pro+PCI.htm

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
I hav Pinnacle PCTV 50i ..
And when I record via local cable the quality is horrible .

So cant I eXpect better qualtiy from Cable ... Or Do I need to switch to Tata Sky/Dish/Big

OP
gkiran

gkiran

Broken In
Thanks everyone for the reply. I was in the impression that Pinnacle does not have FM Recording and scheduled program recording. I will find out a suitable model. :)

Normal (Analog) TV Tuner card cannot be connected to DTH (Dish / Tata). You need to have digital TV Tuner. Correct me if I am wrong.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ You can connect normal analogue card to cable using RCA to cable's port converter.

But there will be loss of quality as the digital to analogue conversion happens.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
WinTV-HVR-1600 model 1178 doesn't have any RCA but the svideo ports may be compatible with the settop box

Better take a printout of this *www.hauppauge.com/images/hvr1600_connector-b.gif to the dealer of say tata sky who has very good idea of connectors etc.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
desiibond some ques for u.

Is this analog card: *www.prolink.com.tw/style/content/C...mer_id=1470&name_id=36169&rid=17006&id=105801

If i buy this card, i'll need my rf out of dishtv to connect to tv tuner card.

So, u say, that there will be quality loss in this process.

I also have a "IF OUT" in my dishtv, so from this , digital signal comes out, and if i buy pinnacle tv card which u suggested earlier, i will get digital signal on my pc, & the quality will be good when compared to analog card. Correct me where u think i m wrong.

Currently, the wire from dish goes to "IF IN" connector in my STB & i use rf out for viewing tv in my pc. The "IF OUT" is the same connector in the image u've shown & is labelled as ATSC/digital cable tv.So, i should use this "IF OUT" to connect to that pinnacle card. And i will get digital signal. Am i correct.

So, i hope u understood what i mean.

myhotdog

Journeyman
why you wanna waste your money in this digital world on an analog tv tuner card. its useless to buy analog tuner in this world of HD video
desiibond some ques for u.

Is this analog card: *www.prolink.com.tw/style/content/C...mer_id=1470&name_id=36169&rid=17006&id=105801

If i buy this card, i'll need my rf out of dishtv to connect to tv tuner card.

So, u say, that there will be quality loss in this process.

I also have a "IF OUT" in my dishtv, so from this , digital signal comes out, and if i buy pinnacle tv card which u suggested earlier, i will get digital signal on my pc, & the quality will be good when compared to analog card. Correct me where u think i m wrong.

Currently, the wire from dish goes to "IF IN" connector in my STB & i use rf out for viewing tv in my pc. The "IF OUT" is the same connector in the image u've shown & is labelled as ATSC/digital cable tv.So, i should use this "IF OUT" to connect to that pinnacle card. And i will get digital signal. Am i correct.

So, i hope u understood what i mean.

you can use coaxial cable which works fine

WinTV-HVR-1600 model 1178 doesn't have any RCA but the svideo ports may be compatible with the settop box

Better take a printout of this *www.hauppauge.com/images/hvr1600_connector-b.gif to the dealer of say tata sky who has very good idea of connectors etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom