Interested to get GTUIDED to make CD Write Protection-All About-Req - Reg

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

In the zone
hi experts,

well, i am really interested to get maximum details, to make CD copy protected.
well, before a week, have brought one institutional cd of Infomkairali. they have done this job in that institutional cd. this info is only as a reference.

be kind to guide in this regarding

waiting to get guided. by here or in my Private Box

thanking you
mobileman

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I first guide you to a Rapidex English Speaking Course. I had to read this thrice.

Second, I have no idea what the copy protection in that kairali thingy cd, I'll talk about two kinds.

One is just a plain dumb cd check. If the disk is in, program starts, if its not, it doesnt. Too easy to make. Too easy to crack. If you want to make one like that, just put a file on the disk, and in your program, check the cd/dvd rom drive if that file is on the disk. if it is, good, run the prog. if it isnt, quit.

But, if you are talking about real COPY protection, there are several ways to make a media (in general) protected from being copied and used. You CAN copy them from the disk, but you cant USE them. One is to make some special sectors on the disk, and write some copy-protection related data in them. Then, during burning, those sectors are marked as bad. The program in the media, or the client, tries to read those sectors when it starts. If the media is inserted, the sectors are read, and the program starts. If you make an image of the disk, then you must modify the options while making the image, so as to include ALL sectors, because, during a general image making process, bad sectors are ignored.

EDIT:

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom