Intenet conenction on laptop and pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

paroh

Padawan
I want to use internet on laptop and pc.
As i am connecting laptop through wireless router. but my pc don't have wireless receiver. Is it possible that i connect a lan cable to laptop and pc and internet work on the pc also. As wireless router or modem is in other room.

Wireless router-> wireless laptop->laptop lan -> pc lan

IF yes please guide.

bhadkow

Broken In
i shud say this post may not actually solve ur prob... but read on...

yes its possible..., what os do you use in lappy n desktop??

but the method can become complicated..., its better if u buy wireless lan card or really big ethernet wire for ur pc... its cheaper n easiest this way...

as for ur method..., in laptop ,while configuring new internet connection , there will be an option which says.., 'allow others computers to connect/ share through this computer' .... something like this (i use win7 so its like this in win7) in your laptop ..., then u must setup both the systems in network i.e lan.

but after all this something might go wrong.., so its better u buy wireless card., or big ethernet wire...,

i tried many times.., but failed. all i can say is its waste of time, and even if u succeed the bandwidth will be halved., n connectivity might not be stable.

better purchase wire., its even better if u move the modem nearer to.. phone wire is lot cheaper.

ps: i hope ur not leeching on somebody elses wifi!!! modem in another room n so desperate to connect pc!! - well it sound fishy o_O :p or it might also be a case wer u might want to share with ur fren whos lives in the nxt building .., :)

good luck... anyways...

pps: if either of the pcs has vista.., dont even dream of connecting them!!!

Sarvesh

Journeyman
Sparing the long explanation, all you need is a network cable connected from your Router to your PC, everything else remains same

Internet Line===>router===>PC

Your laptop remains wireless and continue to access net through same wifi router

Ya this is best solution.:smile:

Sarvesh

Journeyman
The Internet Connection sharing method is simple and works fine.

But If you are using your PC then still you need to keep your laptop "ON" since your PC gets connected through your Laptop.

The other method suggested above allows you to connect independently.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom