Intel's Upcoming Core i7 975 3.33GHz Benchmarked

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AuDioFreaK39

Intel's Upcoming Core i7 975 3.33GHz Benchmarked

*img3.imageshack.us/img3/6134/ci7xlogolg8.jpg

Fugger gets the first honours

It seems like Intel is getting one step closer to unleashing its second Extreme Edition Core i7 processor within the near future, as well known overclocker Fugger has posted some early benchmarks and overcklocking results for the Core i7 Extreme Edition 975 which comes clocked at a default speed of 3.33GHz.

Although this is hardly a huge step up from the current 965XE part which is clocked at 3.2GHz, the new 975XE seems to overclock much better. Using a Gigabyte EX58-Extreme motherboard, Fugger managed to push the 975XE D0 engineering sample at 5259MHz without any problems and with the help of a pair of Radeon HD 4870 X2 graphics cards, him and his partner Mikeguava managed to break 47,000 in 3DMark 05 which is a new world record.

It's likely that Fugger will achieve even higher scores with this CPU given time and it looks like all the overclockers out there will have a new toy to play with in due time. As there are other chips in circulation already, we'd expect more benchmark results to pop up over the next few weeks.

The new enthusiast CPU is ready to be launched in Q2, and more specifically is rumored for launch in June. All in all, it looks like these two overclockers can enjoy their world record for a few more months before the free-for-all begins.

You can find the results and more details of the test setup here.

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11805&Itemid=1

Amazing. I bet this is going to cause Core i7 920 prices to drop down.
Then again, maybe it would be the i7 950 which will see the drop.
Its so far the least successful Core i7 CPU. Nobody wants to spend double the amount spent on Core i7 920 for approximately 10-15% performance increase after overclocking both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom