Intel's Atom Processor is released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
*www.macmod.com/images/stories/news_images3/intel-atom-centrino.jpg

Intel has officially released their Atom processor. The Atom processor is Intel's latest chip for mobile and ultra-portable devices. 5 models were released ranging from 1.1 to 1.86 GHz. The consume about 2 to 2.4 watts of power. Compare that to the Core 2 chips that use 35 watts of power and you start to see why this is big news.

Perhaps the even bigger news is the fifth model of the Atom. It is a lightweight version of the Atom, running at only 800MHz. But don't let that number scare you, here's why it's the big news. It uses 0.65 watts of power. This is the chip that I see Apple using to make the devices Steve wants to make.

The question is, what will it be used in, and when will it be out? MacMini and iMac supplies are dwindling faster and faster each day. The chip is out and available. Apple likes to be the first to use a new chip in their products, and they got beat to the punch last time. All the stars are alligning for a new model release in the near future.

Source

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Great! I heard about it before and it is finally here. Thinking of installing it on my SE W700i :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom