Intel to quit motherboard market

Darth Vader

In the zone
Intel Core i5, i7 Haswell Processors to be Released in June

Intel Core i5, i7 Haswell Processors to be Released in June,2013

Naxal

Little Kid
Also, this could lead to socket-less motherboards, like AMD currently manufactures, with processors pre soldered into the motherboard. But whatever happens, PC will always be my favorite for the freedom and customizability it gives.

Sorry but yes that was the original news from Intel where they said they will ship SOP boards only but this news contradicts the previous announcement as rather SOP, intel will only make processor ?????

khmadhu

change is constant!!
sad to hear that... using intel products from past 12 years.. no probs till now , my last intel mobo would be DP67BG!...

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
AMD fanboys might thing like this 'Why cant Intel quit CPU market too'.
Ha!Ha!
Well,keeping jokes aside...it's due to Intel that AMD has kept its prices low.
Intel is always ahead in terms of Technology by all terms(except GRAPHICS division which is slowly but surely improving.Despite an AMD fanboy I express the truth.)
It also does not mean that AMD CPU's are crapware...when it comes for NORMAL usage for most of the population of users.Even Gaming is well performed by AMD processor + GPU system.
The shoddy business dealings(against AMD,VIA) ,premium price on products and tending to reign monopolistic and supreme on this Tech world like Apple has made a feelings of repulsion against the Giant of Tech.
A CHOICE MUST EXIST .

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
what about after sale service of current motherboards?

well, they aren't going to just lock down the facility and say 'take care of your stuff your self', the'll be gradually decreasing production and that'll take about 2 to 3 years. They ARE still going to release motherboards for their upcoming Haswell cpu's so product support is no issue.

:shock: Why??? Intel motherboards were very reliable in the cheap motherboard section. I still using 865g and my neighbour dg35ec. Both are working like a charm.

Top Bottom