Intel Officially Launches 32nm Core i3, i5, i7

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nehalem for everyone!

Zoom

We've been talking about the new Intel Nehalem CPU architecture for a couple of years now, and finally it’s made its way through the mainstream portions of the chip giant's lineup.

Today at CES, Intel officially unveiled all details regarding its Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 offerings. The introduction of new chips coincides with the arrival of Intel's new 32 nm manufacturing process and integration high-definition graphics inside the processor.

Intel is unveiling several platform products, including more than 25 processors, wireless adapters and chipsets, including new Core i7, i5 and i3 processors, Intel 5 Series Chipsets, and Centrino Wi-Fi and WiMAX adapters that include new My WiFi features. More than 400 laptop and desktop PC platform designs are expected from computer makers based on these products, with another 200 expected for embedded devices.

"For the first time, there's a new family of Intel processors with the industry's most advanced technology available immediately at virtually every PC price point," said Sean Maloney, executive vice president and general manager of the Intel Architecture Group. "These smart processors adapt to an individual's needs, automatically providing a ‘boost' of performance for everyday applications. They become energy efficient to the point of shutting down processing cores or reducing power consumption to provide performance when people need it, and energy efficient when they don't."

Check out the charts below for a full makeup of what Intel's got going on, or Intel's page for more information.

*www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20100107comp_sm.htm

*media.bestofmicro.com/Q/P/235537/original/Capture1.PNG

*media.bestofmicro.com/Q/Q/235538/original/Capture2.PNG

*media.bestofmicro.com/Q/Q/235538/original/Capture2.PNG

*media.bestofmicro.com/Q/R/235539/original/Capture3.PNG

*www.tomshardware.com/news/Core-i3-i5-i7-Intel,9390.html

tech-layman

I'm techy ;)
@paroh: the gpu clock speed is 500Mhz turbo-boostable to 750MHz.

However, when should we expect the manufacturers like dell, sony and hp to offer laptops containing i5 in india?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom