prashanthdigit87

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I am looking for an Intel motherboard which can host latest i7 core processors.
But I am planning to buy the processor later. Now I have a Pentium 4 processor which fits into a LGA 775 socket. I want to retain the Pentium 4 processor for now.
In short,I am looking for a motherboard which supports Pentium 4 LGA 775 processors and latest i7 core processors.

Please can anyone help me with this?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Welcome to ThinkDigit FOrum

First to answer this-
In short,I am looking for a motherboard which supports Pentium 4 LGA 775 processors and latest i7 core processors.
There is no motherboard in this planet atleast that supports both LGA 775 and i7's
Which model of i7 do you want to buy? Bloomfield(older i7 example- i7 920) or Sandy Bridge (newer eg- i7 2600k) ?

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Hi,

I am looking for an Intel motherboard which can host latest i7 core processors.
But I am planning to buy the processor later. Now I have a Pentium 4 processor which fits into a LGA 775 socket. I want to retain the Pentium 4 processor for now.

Please can anyone help me with this?

Welcome to TDF bro! :))

There's no mobo on the planet that supports LGA775 and LGA1155 at the same time. :-(

Please mention ur budget and refine what u want!

Welcome to ThinkDigit FOrum

Which model of i7 do you want to buy? Clarkdale(older i7 example- i7 920) or Sandy Bridge (newer eg- i7 2600k) ?

Afair the LGA1366 were called Bloomfield,LGA 1156(Core i5 7xx and Core i7 8xx) Lynnfield, LGA 1156 (Core i3 and Core i5 6xx) Clarkdale:razz:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
mukherjee said:
Afair the LGA1366 were called Bloomfield,LGA 1156(Core i5 7xx and Core i7 8xx) Lynnfield, LGA 1156 (Core i3 and Core i5 6xx) Clarkdale
arghh! I always mess up code names :mad: :p

anyways I think OP has got what we are wanting to convey and hope he reply's soon

saswat23

Human Spambot
There is absolutely no need of going with old i7s when new SB i7s are available.
BTW OP, whats your budget.

Top Bottom