Intel launches the 5th gen Intel Core Processor family

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Intel launches the 5th gen Intel Core Processor family featuring improved graphics and battery life - Tech2

It is that time of the year, when Intel refreshes its processor line-up. With the CES underway, Intel has announced the mobile fifth generation Intel Core processor family. Since the 5th gen comprises the 14nm processor die (shrunk from Haswell’s 22nm), it represents the ‘tick’ in Intel’s tick-tock cadence, where the ‘tock’ represents a change in the micro-architecture. Intel’s 5th gen Core Processor family will be code named Broadwell.

The 5th gen Intel Core Processor family will have 10 new 15W processors with Intel HD graphics and 4 new 28W processors with Intel Iris graphics – which is a lot more powerful than HD graphics. Apart from the Core family, there will also be the Intel Pentium and Celeron family of processors for the entry level users.

More reason to wait for a new PC/laptop :D

Gollum

Collector
Intel launches the 5th gen Intel Core Processor family featuring improved graphics and battery life - Tech2

More reason to wait for a new PC/laptop :D

Old news, already used it, does not need fan for heatsink, ultra low voltage and lasts very long on battery.
New HP notebooks are already being tested

OP
SaiyanGoku

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Old news, already used it, does not need fan for heatsink, ultra low voltage and lasts very long on battery.
New HP notebooks are already being tested

is that so? :D

I hope the stupid split up/down arrow keys have been replaced by the normal ones in the newer notebooks.

$hadow

Geek in making
I personally think, Ultrabooks would be much modified and refined in design.

Nah they are already making that Ulv processor go on well. And as a result of it they are using it in a normal class notebook. Ultrabook was meant to be ultra low on both weight and power. But these are now be going to be used as a main stream laptop.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Nah they are already making that Ulv processor go on well. And as a result of it they are using it in a normal class notebook. Ultrabook was meant to be ultra low on both weight and power. But these are now be going to be used as a main stream laptop.

Yep,that's the fact also.:chinscratch:

snap

Lurker
Intel's new Broadwell chips: 10 things you need to know | PCWorld

Will Intel's Skylake CPUs render desktop Broadwell processors irrelevant? | Techradar India

Waiting for skylake seems like a good idea ; )

Looks like we'll have to skip 5th gen and wait for Skylake. Intel's ticks are now becoming more and more worthless. I now think graphene is our only hope for a significant tock.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Looks like we'll have to skip 5th gen and wait for Skylake. Intel's ticks are now becoming more and more worthless. I now think graphene is our only hope for a significant tock.

*high five*

Any ideas when AMD FX series refresh will come out.. ? in lower end segment, the FX 6300 still outclasses most intel chips in similar price point..even the higher end 9XXX series outmatch equivalent intel chips in price/cpu performance and I hope the next FX series could have the same impact ..

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
There is still no cost effective way to utilize or synthesize graphene. We can only hope that day comes soon.

Top Bottom