Intel Gaming rig for 60 - 70 K in Hyderabad. Should be future proof for 3 years.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Gaming: Battlefield 3, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, GTA IV. For watching HD movies on my 1080p monitor and possibly on my 40" HD tv when I purchase one. Application development on both Visual Studio and Eclipse IDEs.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:Rs. 60,000/- (+- 5k).

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Not now but may be after a year or two.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. Windows 8 when it is available.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1 TB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Having a 1080p monitor. Samsung 22" 370H.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Mouse and keyboard, Speakers, Monitor.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Maximum in a month. If decided I will buy earlier like in a week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:I have built a desktop before.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Hyderabad. Will buy wherever it is cheap. Open to buying online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Currently I am looking at i5 3570K, ASRock z77 extreme 4, and hd 7870 gpu. Open to all kinds of suggestions. Primary concern is my system should be future proofed for at least 3 years. Also please quote prices along with suggestions if available so that I can bargain with local dealers. I currently reside at Hyderabad and I can buy components at CTC hyderabad.

P.S:- Please suggest a UPS also (exclude it from budget).

acewin

Point Blanc
need some time will do a post :D

windows 8 is available for pre-order

ASUS ASUS P8Z77-VLX Motherboard vs ASUS P8Z77-M PRO Motherboard vs ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 Motherboard vs ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard: Compare Motherboards: Flipkart.com

for gfx card HIS or Sapphire
*www.flipkart.com/graphics-cards/co...U7GDZ327GZJ,GRCD9N9PE3YCK7F9,GRCD9N9PUYFSN4MG

UPS
*bwindia.net/catalog/ups-n-invertor...s/ups/ups-apc-1000va-br1000g-autoshutdown-sof
*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=320_253&products_id=7801

Last edited:
OP
Jagannadh Gosala

Jagannadh Gosala

Dovahkiin
^^^ thank you.. can you also suggest for what price I can get those components from local shops.. it is so that I can bargain well

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hai,

I am Sunil from Yusufguda Check Post,Hyderabad. In May,2012 I bought a Gaming Rig by the following configuration from Arun Computers,CTC,Secunderabad.Ask for Mr.Raghu, he will give the same price which he gave me.

INTEL CORE i5 3570k – 14800
ASROCK Z77 EXREME4 – 9500
ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD-RW – 1000
CORSAIR VENGEANCE 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ – 3200
CORSAIR GS 600 – 4000
CORSAIR 400R CABINET – 3950
SAPPHIRE 7850 2GB DDR5 – 15750
COOLER MASTER 2 RED LED FANS – 950
COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO - 2250
WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB CAVIAR BLACK SATA III HDD - 6800

TOTAL-62200

Also APC 800VA is available for 3500 at Arun Computers.

You can call Mr.Raghu @ 9849457428. He will be available from 11am to 8pm(Mon-Sat).

OP
Jagannadh Gosala

Jagannadh Gosala

Dovahkiin
^^^ Thanks a lot bavusani :-o. I will sure contact him. Do you think that the prices might have dropped a bit considering you bought the rig 4 months ago?

acewin

Point Blanc
there are quiet a few sites where you can check the prices
flipkart
deltapage
primeabgb
smcinternational.in
techshop.in
theitware

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ true that PC components are overpriced at flipkart and you should not take them as a reference in most of the cases. But you can check other sites that acewin has mentioned. You will get moderate pricing on most of those sites which will give an idea abt how much you can bargain.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Actually prices have not increased or decreased because of dollar to rupee scenario. When I bought in May,2012 prices were stagnant but some components u get very cheap like ASROCK Z77 EXREME4 –9500; CORSAIR GS 600 –4000; CORSAIR 400R CABINET –3950.You search anywhere in the market online as well as CTC you will not find these above mentioned prices. Even Microsoft X6 Sidewinder KeyBoard I got for 1900INR & CORSAIR 400R cabinet for 3950INR where as KB & Cabinet market price is 4000 & 4500 or more because Arun Computers are the Direct-Retailers of CORSAIR. Before I used to go to Bhumika Peripherals,Swetha Computers & PL Computers. All of them charge at least 300INR more than Arun Computers. Some even more. One of my cousins friend(Nizampet Road) went to buy AMD based Rig in April,2012, he got all components at least a 300INR higher and they gave him a el cheapo SMPS saying it is a Server grade SMPS. He was very happy initially but his SMPS went kaput in June took with it CPU,MB & GPU. All are dead because of 1 Server SMPS. You can do good cable management with Corsair 400R cabby and if it comes with a transparent side window it would be even nice but it doesn't. From may onwards I have played every PC-game released till now & my Rig is going awesomely well. Do place 2 CM 120mm fans in the upper part of the cabby as they run at 2500RPM which you can see in the Asrock bios.

OP
Jagannadh Gosala

Jagannadh Gosala

Dovahkiin
^^^ Is it necessary to buy a custom cooler and extra fans even if I dont OC my rig? I dont plan on OCing right away. Will wait for 1 or 2 years then when the games demand it I will OC.

OP
Jagannadh Gosala

Jagannadh Gosala

Dovahkiin
Actually I have changed my mind and run my entire system OCed from the onset. I will buy CM hyper 212 evo and other fans. Thank you.

I am currently stuck between ASRock Z77 Exterem4 and Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H. Which one do you suggest?

If I buy a DDR3 2133 mhz ram will my i5 3570k support it? because ivy bridge processors support only upto 1600 mhz right?

acewin

Point Blanc
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/151169-70-75k-gaming-rig-build-continued.html
have a look at the above thread
Intel 3570K14500
Motherboard11000
RAM - Gskill 8 GB Ram chip3200
HDD1TB(~4500) or 2TB (~6000)
cabinet corsair carbide 400R5000
corsair/seasonic PSU5000
sapphire HD7870~18000
CPU cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo

Seasonic S12II 620 Watts PSU vs Seasonic S12II 520 Watts PSU vs Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2UK 650 Watts PSU: Compare PSUs: Flipkart.com
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard vs ASUS ASUS P8Z77-VLX Motherboard vs ASUS P8Z77-M PRO Motherboard vs Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 Z77 Motherboard: Compare Motherboards: Flipkart.com

*www.flipkart.com/graphics-cards/compare?ids=GRCDC2QTBPZHV8HQ,GRCDC2QTMTAHB4ZR,GRCDC2QTHGMGEGH6

Last edited:
OP
Jagannadh Gosala

Jagannadh Gosala

Dovahkiin
Hi guys.. long time since I posted here.. Yesterday went to Arun Computers CTC hyderabad and got the below quote
ProductPrice
i5 3570k14,000
ASRock Z77 Extreme 410,200
Corsair Vengence 8GB (2*4) 1600 CL92,900
WD Cavier Black 1 TB5,750
Sapphire 7950 Vaporx22,500
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo2,200
Corsair 400R Cabinet4,600
Corsair GS 600 SMPS4,600

What do you think about the above price? Can I get it any cheaper?

Myth

Cyborg Agent
22k for the gpu would be good.
In any case, prices look fine.
I think gskill ought to be better for OCing instead of vengeance.

rock2702

Padawan
Hi guys.. long time since I posted here.. Yesterday went to Arun Computers CTC hyderabad and got the below quote
ProductPrice
i5 3570k14,000
ASRock Z77 Extreme 410,200
Corsair Vengence 8GB (2*4) 1600 CL92,900
WD Cavier Black 1 TB5,750
Sapphire 7950 Vaporx22,500
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo2,200
Corsair 400R Cabinet4,600
Corsair GS 600 SMPS4,600

What do you think about the above price? Can I get it any cheaper?

The prices are good.Is the wd caviar black available elsewhere for that price?

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
I have purchased from arun computers 6 months back (AMD fx ) .The price is very reasonable there.Try to negotiate as much.
I don't have idea of config .Hope it helps.

OP
Jagannadh Gosala

Jagannadh Gosala

Dovahkiin
@Myth thanks.. I know I have asked for GSkill RipjawsX but every shop in CTC said that GSkill is out of stock and they will not be getting it any time soon.. therefore went for vengance instead.. do you know any reason for this shortage of GSkill? and do you think I can still negotiate the prices further down?

@rock2702 yeah.. at computer bazar, CTC, hyderabad. I dont know any other place. but flipkart is selling it for 6k.

@gopi_vbboy thanks.. may I know from whom you have purchased? I mean the person who sold you components..

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Not buying online ?
Prices depend on your negotiation skills. 22k for gpu (local prices in kolkata) was just for reference.

Top Bottom