Intel Dual Core 2.66 or AMD 3500+ for gaming & vid.editing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeal_Spark_

Right off the assembly line
Greeting to all. This is my first post in the forum. I have been wanting to buy a new processor+mobo for my computer for quite some time now and I have narrowed down my search for a decent processor to

1. Intel Dual Core 2.66 and 2. AMD 64 socket 939 3500+

I mainly use my computer for gaming and watching videos. I also convert and store videos in XviD or DivX format on my hard drive.

It would be really nice if someone could explain which is a better processor in general and more suitable for me. I m a bit inclined towards the Intel processor because its a much newer technology, two physical cores and the huge cache's. I have read in some places that the new Intel dual cores consume much lesser power too. But I have come across in some websites that AMD 3500+ is much better suited for gaming. So I m pretty much back to square one and confused

When u reply, plz also suggest a good and reasonably priced motherboard to go with the Processor.

Thanks a lot.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Current Configuration:
Intel 1.7 Ghz Processor
Asrock 856 Mobo
XFX 6200 256 Mb Graphics Card
512 DDR Ram
120 Gb Seagate 7200 HD
Sony DvD Writer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

aquamatrix

Journeyman
i'd say go with amd 3500+, it'll be better for gaming than the pentium D one, you can check out this link.
*www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=449&model2=494&chart=169

and run the benchmarks and seeit for yourself.

asus a8n-e wud be a good mobo for 3500+.

Last edited:

shashank4u

Youngling
intels c2d is also priced @Rs8900(E6300) and i think it is far better then
Intel Dual Core 2.66 or AMD 3500+ ,
so go for c2d .

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
If you have an expandable budget at disposal then I suggest you better dump both the above options and head out for the Core 2 Duo league of Intel.These babies are insane overclockers along with temprature balancers.The only catch is that the compatible motherboards are insanely priced.Its best to get a E6300 C2D along with a 965 chipset based motherboard.It will fulfill both your gaming and standard needs.But if you are stuck on the above choices then I would say get the AMD 3500+ venice core.

aquamatrix

Journeyman
3500 wid a mobo will come around 9k, the e6300 wid 965 mobo will cost him 14k mimimum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom