Intel cuts PC-chip prices further

Status
Not open for further replies.

plsoft

Journeyman
In terms of markdowns, Intel's Pentium D desktop processor prices were reduced by 18% to 40% for some chips. The price for the most expensive Pentium D was slashed to $316 from $530. The Pentium D line, which uses dual-core technology, was introduced in the spring of 2005.
Prices for Intel's older Pentium 4 processor family were chopped by 25% to 61% in some instances, or as low as $74. The company's low-end desktop Celeron D processors were marked down by 8% to 19%, or as low as $34.

For the whole story *www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Sto...3A866D1-3741-44E0-9116-A22E851D98F8}&keyword=

See here as well *www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,126589,00.asp

You can see the price changes in www.deltapage.com as well.

Last edited:
OP
plsoft

plsoft

Journeyman
But i don't know wat the hell is wrong with nehru place ppl in delhi, went yesterday n they didn't even know bout the recent developments, either amd or intel. Wud really love 2 b in Chennai rite now.

G

gxsaurav

the prices will fall all over india, in just 2 weeks, just have patience

knight17

In the zone
What a proce difference ?

plsoft said:
The price for the most expensive Pentium D was slashed to $316 from $530.
A difference of about $214(Rs.9630/-).Thats why Intel is one of the successfull companies...
Intel is a Shylock.

birbal

Broken In
So according to new price cut at what price I should get Intel D930 3.0 GHZ dual core processor after a week time ?

eagle_y2j

Youngling
plsoft said:
But i don't know wat the hell is wrong with nehru place ppl in delhi, went yesterday n they didn't even know bout the recent developments, either amd or intel. Wud really love 2 b in Chennai rite now.

Indian delears always try to fool their customers especially Nehru place.................................they will be selling on higher prize till someone argues with them about tis prize fall!

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
They r not fooling anyone, they buy monthly stocks so they have to sell at the price else they loose money, my vendor has stopped stocking of big quantities as he lost huge amount last year due to price cut.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Actually both of you are correct (@Ranjan & Eagle). A honest dealer if he stocks
lots of Intel processors & if the prices fall he suffers a huge loss!! There are other dealers who act smart & try to sell the Processor at the same price, even though prices have fallen; they cheat.Otherwise they a suffer loss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom