Intel cuts 9500 jobs is that good news for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello Gentlemen,

CNBC is airing "breaking news" that Intel cut 9500 jobs and is also in the process of saving/earning/cutting costs (whatever they call it)by over $3 billion by 2008.

Now I'm planning on building a PC by myself for the first time (the credit entilely goes to Digit & the forum members here who have posted a lot of info)...so as a newbee I'd like to know which way to go. I raise this question especially beacuse of the much talked about Intel Core 2 Duo & now the above news.

Based on the above I have 2 questions:

1.) Do you think that Intel is the way to go now especially with the job cuts (which may result in cheaper Intel products) & with the Core 2 Duo?
OR
2.) Do you feel that AMD is the way of the future since they've been "ahead of the game" for the past couple of years with their powerful processors & cheaper prices.

My primary objective of this post is simple: (maybe there are many more novices like me who might find this discussion helpful in making a decision)
I want to get some insight on which way most forum members are leaning towards, with regards to AMD / Intel, and in the process make a more informed decision on which platform to choose for my PC i.e. AMD or Intel.

I'd be nice to have some witty sarcasm WITHOUT getting personal so it makes an enjoyable & educationl reading without anyone getting offended.

Thanks in advance.

paul_007

Padawan
i dont think cutting jobs will have any effect on buyers decision, these job cuts are mostly at managerial level and INTEL will go a long way and also job cuts wont affect the prices of processors

regarding the price, if AMD devevelop processors which are better in performance than intel once , then INTEL will definitely will going to reduce prices

u can go for core 2 duo processors which are extremely good and at present leading ahead of AMD processors

but i am sure AMD will once again leap ahead from INTEL processors just in few months

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Hmmm now after getting to all the angles and War on choosing between AMD and Intel Proccy this one is real original.To all Flamers check this new prespective.
"Buy the processor on basis of job cut"
Hats off to you "caleb". Seriously you have a lovely imagination.And what a longterm foresight. Really where were you when the war was on of the moghtly proccys?

OP
caleb

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
freshseasons said:
Hmmm now after getting to all the angles and War on choosing between AMD and Intel Proccy this one is real original.To all Flamers check this new prespective.
"Buy the processor on basis of job cut"
Hats off to you "caleb". Seriously you have a lovely imagination.And what a longterm foresight. Really where were you when the war was on of the moghtly proccys?
Hello "freshseasons"...your reply had sarcasm alright but no wit or reasoning and nor does it answer my questions...I raised a couple of questions because I wanted an asnwer but I NEVER said to "buy the processor on basis of job cut"...where did you get that from "freshseasons"?...read the post carefully before replying!...as the old saying goes haste makes waste and your reply was a COMPLETE waste of space & time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom