Intel 5th Gen processor

JustThisGuy

Broken In
Does anyone know of a laptop with the intel 5th gen processors? Also, will the new series have any effect while playing the newer age games like Arkham Knight?

patrick4

Chief
Yeah, Asus HP Lenovo are using the Intel 5th Gen U series. MSI is using the 5th Gen H series in their laptops.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Fill the questionnaire. I think there will hardly be any difference between 4th and 5th gen. You need a good GPU like GTX 960M or higher (in laptops) to get playable framerates at FHD resolution, med-high settings for Arkham Knight and/or other future games.

desiparothe

Right off the assembly line
Fill the questionnaire. I think there will hardly be any difference between 4th and 5th gen. You need a good GPU like GTX 960M or higher (in laptops) to get playable framerates at FHD resolution, med-high settings for Arkham Knight and/or other future games.

I'm not convinced about this. If that were the case why would games like Witcher 3, GTA etc. specifically list processors as part of their recommended specs?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'm not convinced about this. If that were the case why would games like Witcher 3, GTA etc. specifically list processors as part of their recommended specs?

Try running them on a laptop without a dGPU at ultra settings fhd resolution and report the framerate (use any of ULV i5s or i7s).
For games, GPU is more important than a CPU. An i7 4510u would perform nearly same as i5 4210u for games where as a 980M would destroy a 820M.

prateekpunj

Broken In
Does anyone know of a laptop with the intel 5th gen processors? Also, will the new series have any effect while playing the newer age games like Arkham Knight?

There are many brand which are providing 5th gen processors laptop, if you are going for gaming u can go for MSI gaming laptops with all of them featuring i7 procs

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
There are many brand which are providing 5th gen processors laptop, if you are going for gaming u can go for MSI gaming laptops with all of them featuring i7 procs
Processor isn't the top priority when gaming is concerned.

MSI has overpriced configs. Even alienware 15 seems better priced compared to them.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a big difference between 4th and 5th gen iGPU. Iris pr0 6200 is only 20% behind gtx 750, which is a great improvement over HD4400/4600/5000 etc

But you won't depend on iGPU for playing recent or future games, right?

Processor isn't the top priority when gaming is concerned.

MSI has overpriced configs. Even alienware 15 seems better priced compared to them.

- - - Updated - - -

But you won't depend on iGPU for playing recent or future games, right?

But I think that with DiectX 12, a strong iGPU can actually compliment a dGPU, given that both can be used concurrently.

nickporwal

But I think that with DiectX 12, a strong iGPU can actually compliment a dGPU, given that both can be used concurrently.
Even if both iGPU and weak dGPU used simultaneously somehow, their performance is still going to be low compared to dCPU. For gaming CPU matters only 20% max. Also 5th gen intel CPU are highly overpriced in laptops. They are low voltage dual cores. They are not worth it. Even a 2nd gen i7 is better than 5th gen i5u in terms of cpu performance. Better get a good dGPU if you want to do gaming. For rare gaming and battery get 5th gen procs

nickporwal

Are you sure the recommended are laptop CPUs? Game publishers recommend desktop CPUs not the laptop ones. hardcore gamers prefer desktop instead of laptop. I am sure 5th gen iGPU cannot run any of the games you mentioned on its own. They need a powerful gpu

nickporwal

A strong dGPU is very necessary. Even Strongest iGPU can't run any of the modern games fluently. And intel don't have tech in laptop where both iGPU and dGPU are used simultaneously. For games you need dGPU. otherwise intel would have ruled the gaming industry today not the nVIDIA and ATI amd.

nickporwal

Recommended specs is for when you don't want to compromise in gaming experience even a 1%. CPUs are recommended for faster opening and loading and saving and network operations.
Also they recommend desktop cpus not the laptop ones.

Top Bottom