Installing XP from Pen Drive Problem

I tried to install Win XP using my pen drive using WinToFlash.
But after booting from my pen drive I got the following message

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)
NTLDR: couldn't open drive,multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)

My SATA HDD is Third IDE Master and DVD drive is Primary IDE Master

Boot.ini in the pen drive
Code:
[Boot Loader]
Timeout=30
Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[Operating Systems]
C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\BOOTSECT.DAT = "1st, text mode setup (Boot from flash again after finished)"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="2nd, GUI mode setup, continue setup + 1st start of Windows" /fastdetect
C:\ = "---> DEBUG, in case of HAL.DLL or NTOSKRNL.EXE not found errors <---"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 1 partition 2" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 1 partition 3" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(4)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 1 partition 4" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 2 partition 1" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 2 partition 2" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 2 partition 3" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(4)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 2 partition 4" /fastdetect

OP
F

fz8975

method
1. download wintoflash and install it
2. follow the wizard
3. boot via Pen Drive

@meet
Works on my laptop (it booted but after windows setup started i got BSOD..but thats different thing)

maybe the problem is related to disk config

any ideas ?

frankeric

Journeyman
method
1. download wintoflash and install it
2. follow the wizard
3. boot via Pen Drive

@meet
Works on my laptop (it booted but after windows setup started i got BSOD..but thats different thing)

maybe the problem is related to disk config

any ideas ?

i searched the internet and find out that wintoflash is making issues very often have you tried any other wintoflash type software??

OP
F

fz8975

i've tried WinSetupFromUSB and USB prep method(MBR missing-dosen't work)

WinSetupFromUSB also not working

OP
F

fz8975

for my SATA 160gb
Third IDE Master (its IDE)
Type - Auto
LBA/large Mod - Auto
Block(multi-sector) -Auto
PIO Mode -Auto
DMA Mode - Auto
SMART Monitoring - Auto
32bit Transfer - Disabled

OP
F

fz8975

12 Best Tools To Create Bootable USB For Windows And Linux - TopTrix

please have a look at the tools described here about creating bootable USB drives. One of them will surely help you.

thanks ...but what i think is that the problem lies in the PC. The pen drives boots perfectly on my laptop.
any idea for that ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^Go to BIOS and see what Mode your hard drive is running at. Choose IDE if its set to AHCI.

just do this ( just do a little search in Bios ) .. I think your sata HDD is running in AHCI but for that you need to integrate drivers in XP install source - also make sure the version of Xp you are trying to install has SP3 slipstreamed or else better try with win 7.

Top Bottom