INSTALLING FROM IMAGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahil_blues

In the zone
I had downloaded a lot of games and softwares which are split into 2-3 images. When I install them, the setup asks me to put the 2nd CD, but where!!!....it didnt ask me to specify location of contents of the 2nd CD....then i realised that I will have to burn them on CD's and then install them...however is there anyway I can get away with this??

abhinav

Journeyman
Well i think u are using Pirated version!
right

Becoz..............this happens when u use pirated version!!!!!!!!!

Sourabh

Laptoping
What you need is a proggie called Daemon Tools, it emulates the iso images as a CD drive and helps you continue with your installation

just install the software and select the path of the image file from the system tray :)

Get Daemon Tools from here

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
abhinav said:
Well i think u are using Pirated version!
right

Becoz..............this happens when u use pirated version!!!!!!!!!

there is nothing pirated about it....amongst the things I downloaded, few asked me to specify the location of the contents of the 2nd CD (i had all the contents of both the cd's extracted on my hard disk)....and their installation went without any other hiccups....

expertno.1

Technomancer
oh folow this :-

install hackman and use its join function to join the images and run using Daemon tools or extarct the files from the images and then create a new image of all the files and put it into Daemon tools

Biplav

In the zone
ok i downloaded nfsug and its a 736mb download.
i used isobuster to extract the bin file(yah the downloaded file was a bin file)and it contained 1 iso and the other was not an iso.
i extracted it to my harddrive. when i install it, after nearly 80%it says to insert 2nd disk now i had used nero 5.5 and created a .nrg image and put the 2nd disk into virtual drive, but it still asks 4 2nd disk.

now when i cancelled this.
now when i open the 2nd disk , it tells me to insert 1st disk, even after doing that it again asks to insert 1st disk,
help
i hope it wasnt very confusing!

Journeyman
I had downloaded a lot of games and softwares which are split into 2-3 images. When I install them, the setup asks me to put the 2nd CD, but where!!!....it didnt ask me to specify location of contents of the 2nd CD....then i realised that I will have to burn them on CD's and then install them...however is there anyway I can get away with this??

Try using an emulator. You can use Alcohol 120% trial version. If you want a freeware google for one.

Just mount your second CD (right click image and click mount) -- and the virtual drive created by alcohol or anyother emulator will load it.. And you can continue ur installation.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well if u have a bin fine..then its really easy...install Alcohol 120% ...right click and click on add image..browse where ur Bin file is saved.....when u see the image file in the Alcohol window..just right click and mount on virtual drive....Volla.....u can now use it as a CD ...install/Burn do what ever u want.....

Biplav

In the zone
thanx saroman.
but after going to near about 60% it tells me to insert 2nd cd?
now my file is 736 mb and i dont think 1 cd can contain that much.
so why is he askin me to insert 2nd cd?

rajas

In the zone
Hey Biplav, I too heard the issue with NFS-UG from my friend. he to has the same issue where its asks the 2nd CD and then the 1st. and never
takes/detects them. donno why. tried all possible ways. nogo.

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
biplav said:
now plz some one tell me i didnt waste 2 days downloading nearly 800 mb 4 nothing!

what do you mean exactly???.....NFS Underground is split into 2 CD's.....each of size 700-750MB....I know that because i wanted to downloaded NFSU 2 but the file i actually downloaded was NFSU 1 which I already had!!! it cant be worse than that!!!

Biplav

In the zone
same here sahil bluez
i downloaded nfsug2 but the downloaded file was ug1
anyways i was a bit lucky as i didnt have the full versions of any of the two. so it will do.
ok now i will download the cd2 and lets see wat happens.

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
Sourabh said:
What you need is a proggie called Daemon Tools, it emulates the iso images as a CD drive and helps you continue with your installation

just install the software and select the path of the image file from the system tray :)

Get Daemon Tools from here

thax a lot sourab for that link...i downloaded Daemon tools....i really love it....its so simple and effective!!!...

Biplav

In the zone
@sahil bluez try alcohol 120. its just gr8. no need 4 anything. just click on the bin file and mount it. as simple as that!

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
man i once tried alcohol 120%....it screwed my dvd drive....the drive wasnt playing anything.....then i had to uninstall alcohol and reinstall the drivers.....thats why iam a bit scared to try it again....

Biplav

In the zone
oh! may be there must have been something wrong. but i have tried it and used it and it does not give any problem.and yes it is highly rated.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Personally i hate alcohol 120%

I use these three progies for diff purposes

1. Clone CD ...for easy, fast and non resource hogging copying of cds
2. Nero for all its different options .. burning in diff formats, bootable cds and stuff
3. Daemon Tools to manage all the isos on my hdd

Biplav

In the zone
@saurabh- my nero couldnt open .bin files.
so i just though of giving alcohol 120 a try.to my surprise i found it to be the simplest.all u have to do is just mount the image on the virtual drive(that takes 5-10 seconds to go to the direscotry and 2 seconds to right click and then select mount.)so in my opinion it is the fastest too.doesnot have features like nero but does the purpose as simple and as fast as it can get...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom