Installing Android TV OS on Computer

srdigit16

In the zone
Is it possible to install Android TV OS on a computer (not a Virtual OS inside Main Laptop OS)? I see some advantages here.
  • Laptop screen is larger than mobile so can install android games & play on bigger screen with game-pad. Less eye strain. Also can escape radiations from mobile phone. Laptop have more RAM Android TVs which come with 1 or 2GB RAM. So better performance
  • Apps are generally faster than websites right, so we can use those apps in laptop. Also laptops have more storage space. So can install more apps
  • Android TV OS is already designed for big screen unlike OS in emulators
If not possible for end users, what do u think about this concept. Why not companies/manufactures implement this concept?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I doubt it. Many of these ROMs are custom built for the specific TV model. Even if it were possible it might need a lot of hacks to get it running on some other hardware it wasn't built for. That being said, most of the Android code base will be common across all devices. The only thing that changes will be the HAL code and other customization specific to the TV, so you will have to get the Android code and then run it on your machine's HAL, which would be very difficult to do. \

I think it would be easier to use something like Kodi on your PC rather than hacking a TV version of Android.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Is it possible to install Android TV OS on a computer (not a Virtual OS inside Main Laptop OS)? I see some advantages here.
  • Laptop screen is larger than mobile so can install android games & play on bigger screen with game-pad. Less eye strain. Also can escape radiations from mobile phone. Laptop have more RAM Android TVs which come with 1 or 2GB RAM. So better performance
  • Apps are generally faster than websites right, so we can use those apps in laptop. Also laptops have more storage space. So can install more apps
  • Android TV OS is already designed for big screen unlike OS in emulators
If not possible for end users, what do u think about this concept. Why not companies/manufactures implement this concept?

If you want, you can try one of the android tv x86 builts, but it will be laggy and not so powerful.

Instead :-
1)Install chromeOS (Better if you have intel machine) you will be able to run android apps also with it and linux apps too. and is smooth

2)Use LibreELEC and install Kodi, will work as a media centre.

I had done the first option, and it works great.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yeah one of the more HTPC operating systems like the ones you mentioned like XMBC etc are more suited.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
If you want, you can try one of the android tv x86 builts, but it will be laggy and not so powerful.

Instead :-
1)Install chromeOS (Better if you have intel machine) you will be able to run android apps also with it and linux apps too. and is smooth

2)Use LibreELEC and install Kodi, will work as a media centre.

I had done the first option, and it works great.
Is it possible to play android games which support gamepad on chrome os?

Top Bottom