Installing Android tablet in car

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Currently I'm using a Pioneer in-audio entertainment system for FM and MP3 via USB. It has been almost close to 3 years since I started to use this, and I need a change now.

Recently I have started to use Google Navigation and Sygic Navigator of mobile in the car recently. For this purpose, I purchased a mobile holder for mounting on the windshield.

But now I realize that since a tablet can achieve the role of Navigator, and MP3 player, and offer more cool functionality, why not install it in place of Pioneer player.

I did some research, and found few such installs. This one really caught my attention: How to install a tablet in the Juke

Guys, I need your help/suggestions to get a similar setup.

1) Anyone in Bangalore who has done such installs before?

2) Planning to use my Nexus 4 for this purpose. Is this sufficient, or should I buy another cheap tab?

3) I'm thinking of a use-and-remove kind of setup. This way, I can carry the tab with me while leaving the car. I believe this will be more useful in India due to theft.

4) Approximate cost of getting this done.

If there are folks who are interested in similar kind of setup, please comment. The more, the better.

Top Bottom