Install packages from DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnpandya

Broken In
I have installed Fedora 7 from Digit July 07 dvd. I want to install some more packages now. I don't want to use my expensive broadband connection to download packages which I already have on that DVD. Even the versions are also same on the net.

I managed to add one repo in /etc/yum.repos.d to enable pirut or yum read from the DVD. But the infor missing is "mediaid" which might be available in .discinfo which I am not able find from the DVD. What is the mediaid for that disc? Any clues? If I get that, I hope I will be able to install packages from the DVD.

Thanks in advance.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
jnpandya said:
I managed to add one repo in /etc/yum.repos.d to enable pirut or yum read from the DVD. But the infor missing is "mediaid" which might be available in .discinfo which I am not able find from the DVD. What is the mediaid for that disc?
The name of the disc as it is shown when mounted.

OP
J

jnpandya

Broken In
That is what I tried before posting here. But that won't work. Mediaid is a number which is in file .discinfo which is hidden in the root of the dvd. I found the same and used it too. But still things don't seem to work. I have messed up with repos so much now that yum and pirut don't seem to work at all. I'll let you know the link which I used for the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom