*** Inspirational Stories ! To inspire u***

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Hi Lets share some inspirational stories you know that are worth reading...here goes some:)

==================

Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of Cancer. From world over, he received letters from his fans,

one of which conveyed : "Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease"?

To this Arthur Ashe replied: "The world over -- 5 crore children start playing tennis, 50 lakh learn to play tennis, 5 lakh learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbledon, 4 to semi final, 2 to the finals, When I was holding a cup I never asked GOD "Why me?".

And today in pain I should not be asking GOD "Why me?".

Happiness keeps u Sweet,
Trials keep u Strong,
Sorrow keeps u Human,
Failure keeps u Humble,
Success keeps u Glowing,
But only God Keeps u Going". :)

(not my content its copied)

===

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

II.

There once was a blind girl
who used to hate every except
her boy friend...
She always used to say that :" i will marry you if i could see you..."

Suddenly one day
someone donated eyes
to that girl....
When she saw her boyfriend,
she was shocked to see
that he was also blind...

Her boy friend asked :"will you marry me now ?"

She simply refused him rudely...

Her boyfriend didn't say a word to her....

He smiled and went away with a letter saying : "Darling... take care of my eyes"...

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

===
III.
An old man lived alone in Minnesota. He wanted to spade his potato garden, but it was very hard work.
His only son, who would have helped him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and mentioned his situation.
Dear Son, I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won’t be able to plant my potato garden this year.
I hate to miss doing the garden, because your mother always loved planting time. I’m just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot.If you were here, all my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me, if you weren’t in prison.
Love, Dad
………
Shortly, the old man received this telegram:
“For Heaven’s sake, Dad,don’t dig up the garden!! That’s where I buried the GUNS!” At 4a.m.
The next morning,
A dozen FBI agents and local police officers showed up and dug up the entire garden without finding any guns.
Confused, the old man wrote another note to his son telling him what happened, and asked him what to do next.
His son’s reply was: “Go ahead and plant your potatoes, Dad. It’s the best I could do for you from here.”
- Moral Of the Story
NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN THE WORLD,
IF YOU HAVE DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING DEEP FROM YOUR HEART, YOU CAN DO IT.
IT IS THE THOUGHT THAT MATTERS NOT WHERE YOU ARE OR WHERE THE PERSON IS.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

===
IV.
A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep pit. All the other frogs gathered around the pit. When they saw how deep the pit was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as dead.

The two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump up out of the pit with all of their might. The other frogs kept telling them to stop, that they were as good as dead. Finally, one of the frogs took heed to what the other frogs were saying and gave up. He fell down and died.

The other frog continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again, the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and just die. He jumped even harder and finally made it out. When he got out, the other frogs said, "Did you not hear us?" The frog explained to them that he was deaf. He thought they were encouraging him the entire time.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

====
V.
Once there was a king who had presented his daughter, the princess, with a beautiful diamond necklace. The necklace was stolen and his people in the kingdom searched everywhere but could not find it. Some said a bird might have stolen it. Finally, the king announced a reward of 10,000 gold coins for anyone who would bring the necklace.

One day a clerk was walking home along a river next to an industrial area. As he was walking, the clerk saw a shimmering in the river and when he looked, he saw the diamond necklace. Immediately he put his hand in the filthy, dirty river and grabbed the necklace, but some how missed it. He tried again, this time he walked in the river and spoiled his trousers in the filthy river and put his whole arm in to catch the necklace. But strangely, he still missed the necklace! At last he decided to plunge into the river, although it was a disgusting to dive in such filthy river. He plunged in, and searched everywhere for the necklace and yet he failed. This time he was really surprised and confused why he can’t get the necklace!!

Just then a saint who was walking by, saw him, and asked him what the matter was. He told the whole story to the saint. The saint then told him that perhaps he should try looking upward, toward the branches of the tree, instead of looking in the filthy river. The clerks looked up and true enough; the necklace was dangling on the branch of a tree. He had been trying to capture a mere reflection of the real necklace all this time.

Material happiness is just like the filthy, polluted river; because it is a mere reflection of the TRUE happiness of the spiritual world.

We are looking for happiness, that’s right, but the place we are trying to find it, is not the right one. We can never achieve happiness we are looking for, no matter how hard we endeavor materially. Instead we should look upwards, toward God, who is the source of real happiness, and stop chasing after the reflection of this happiness, which none the less very dazzling.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

===
vi.
One Night 4 College Students Were Playing TT till Late Night And Didn't Study For The Test Which Was Scheduled For The Next Day.

In the morning they thought of a plan.

They made themselves look dirty and worn out with grease and dirt. They then went up to the Dean and said that they had gone out to a wedding last night and on their return the tyre of their car burst and they had to push the car all the way back and that they were in no condition to appear for the test.

So the Dean said they can have the re-test after 3 days.

They thanked him and said they will be ready by that time.

On the third day they appeared before the Dean.

The Dean said that as this was a Special Condition Test, All four were required to sit in separate classrooms for the test.

They all agreed as they had prepared well in the last 3 days. The Test consisted of 2 questions with the total of 100 points.

Q.1. Your Name.........................( 2 points )

Q.2. Which tyre burst ?...............( 98 points)

a) Front Left
b) Front Right
c) Back Left
d) Back Right

(Imagine what would have happened to them......and then there were no mobile phones allowed)

True story from IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Bombay ...Batch 1992-96

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
===
VII
A little boy went into a drug store, reached for a soda carton and pulled it over to the telephone. He climbed onto the carton so that he could reach the buttons on the phone and proceeded to punch in seven digits (phone number).
The store-owner observed and listened to the conversation:

Boy : "Lady, Can you give me the job of cutting your lawn?

Woman : (at the other end of the phone line) "I already have someone to cut my lawn."

Boy : "Lady, I will cut your lawn for half the price of the person who cuts your lawn now."

Woman : I'm very satisfied with the person who is presently cutting my lawn.

Boy : (with more perseverance) "Lady, I'll even sweep your curb and your sidewalk, so, on Sunday you will have the prettiest lawn in all of Palm beach , Florida ."

Woman : No, thank you.

With a smile on his face, the little boy replaced the receiver. The store-owner, who was listening to all this, walked over to the boy.

Store Owner : "Son... I like your attitude; I like that positive spirit and would like to offer you a job."

Boy : "No thanks,

Store Owner : But you were really pleading for one.

Boy : No Sir, I was just checking my performance at the job I already have. I am the one who is working for that lady I was talking to!"

This is what we call

"Self Appraisal"

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

===
viii
WHEN LIZARD CAN, WHY CAN’T WE?

This is a true story that happened in Japan .

In order to renovate the house, someone in Japan Breaks open the wall.

Japanese houses normally have a hollow space between the wooden walls. When tearing down the walls, he found that there was a lizard stuck there because a nail from outside hammered into one of its feet. He sees this, feels pity, and at the same time curious, as when he checked the nail, it was nailed 10 years ago when the house was first built.

What happened?

The lizard has survived in such position for 10 years! In a dark wall partition for 10 years without moving, it is impossible and mind boggling.

Then he wondered how this lizard survived for 10 years! without moving a single step--since its foot was nailed!

So he stopped his work and observed the lizard, what it has been doing, and what and how it has been eating. Later, not knowing from where it came, appears another lizard, with food in its mouth. Ahh! He was stunned and touched deeply. For the lizard that was stuck by nail, another lizard has been feeding it for the past 10 years...

Such help! such a beautiful love! Such happened even with this tiny
creature ... What can help do? It can do wonders!

Help can do miracles!

Imagine? it has been doing that untiringly for 10 long years, without giving up hope on its partner.

Imagine what a small creature can do that a creature blessed with a
brilliant mind can't.

please never abandon your loved ones.

HELP is an act, do it, let it go.

LOVE is a gift, take it, let it grow.

PATIENCE is a sign, we should wear, let it show.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

===
ix
The Carpenter

The Carpenter

An elderly carpenter was ready to retire. He told his employer- contractor of his plans to leave the house- building business and live a more leisurely life with his wife enjoying his extended family. He would miss the paycheck, but he needed to retire. They could get by.

The contractor was sorry to see his good worker go and asked if he could build just one more house as a personal favor. The carpenter said yes, but in time it was easy to see that his heart was not in his work. He resorted to shoddy workmanship and used inferior materials. It was an unfortunate way to end a dedicated career.

When the carpenter finished his work the employer came to inspect
he gave the front-door key of the house to the carpenter.

This is your house, he said, my gift to you.

The carpenter was shocked! What a shame!

If he had only known he was building his own house, he would have done it all so differently.

So it is with us. We build our lives, a day at a time, often putting less than our best into the building. Then with a shock we realize we have to live in the house we have built. If we could do it over, we'd do it much differently. But we cannot go back.

You are the carpenter. Each day you hammer a nail, place a board, or erect a wall. Life is a do-it-yourself project, someone has said. Your attitudes and the choices you make today, build the house you live in tomorrow. Build wisely!

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

===
A matter of perspective !

They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.
On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, "How was the trip?"
"It was great, Dad."
"Did you see how poor people live?" the father asked.
"Oh yeah," said the son.
"So, tell me, what did you learn from the trip?" asked the father.
The son answered:
"I saw that we have one dog and they had four.
We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end.
We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night.
Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon.
We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight.
We have servants who serve us, but they serve others.
We buy our food, but they grow theirs.
We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to protect them."
The boy's father was speechless.
Then his son added, "Thanks Dad for showing me how poor we are."

Isn't perspective a wonderful thing? Makes you wonder what would happen if we all gave thanks for everything we have, instead of worrying about what we don't have.
Appreciate every single thing you have!

====

The car Mechanic and the Heart Surgeon !

"Hello Doctor! Please
come over here for a minute." The famous surgeon, a bit surprised,
walked over to the mechanic.

The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked argumentatively, "So doctor, look at this. I also open hearts, take valves out, grind 'em, put in new parts, and when I finish this will work as a new one. So how come you get the big money, when you and me is doing basically the same work? "

The doctor leaned over and whispered to the mechanic .....

"TRY TO DO IT WHEN THE ENGINE IS RUNNING."

Lesson

DON'T ALWAYS COMPARE YOUR JOB WITH THE OTHER PERSON !!!!!!!

===

Two travelling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family. The family was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the mansion's guest room. Instead the angels were given a small space in the cold basement. As they made their bed on the hard floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it. When the younger angel asked why, the older angel replied, "Things aren't always what they seem."

The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but very hospitable farmer and his wife. After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels sleep in their bed where they could have a good night's rest. When the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears. Their only cow, whose milk had been their sole income, lay dead in the field. The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel how could you have let this happen? The first man had everything, yet you helped him, she accused. The second family had little but was willing to share everything, and you let the cow die.

"Things aren't always what they seem," the older angel replied. "When we stayed in the basement of the mansion, I noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall. Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune, I sealed the wall so he wouldn't find it."

"Then last night as we slept in the farmers bed, the angel of death came for his wife. I gave him the cow instead. Things aren't always what they seem."

Sometimes that is exactly what happens when things don't turn out the way they should. If you have faith, you just need to trust that every outcome is always to your advantage. You might not know it until some time later...

6x6

Journeyman

II.

There once was a blind girl
who used to hate every except
her boy friend...
She always used to say that :" i will marry you if i could see you..."

Suddenly one day
someone donated eyes
to that girl....
When she saw her boyfriend,
she was shocked to see
that he was also blind...

Her boy friend asked :"will you marry me now ?"

She simply refused him rudely...

Her boyfriend didn't say a word to her....

He smiled and went away with a letter saying : "Darling... take care of my eyes"...
he should have donated only one eye :D

BTW, is it allowed to donate eyes of living person

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@6x6
You gotta watch 'because i am a girl' video on youtube. Btw its a famous korean vid by j entercom.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
ya i have seen .. [offtopic] btw kanjar , why you choose this name over any other name ???[/offtopic] . kanjar

6x6

Journeyman
seen the video, but i searched the net and found that Eye donations are NOT taken from a living person, but are removed only from the dead.

*www.eyebankkerala.org/cornea-collection.php
*www.bharateyebank.org/faqs.php

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
The Window

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour a day to drain the fluids from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.

The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. And every afternoon when the man in the bed next to the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed would live for those one-hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the outside world. The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake, the man had said. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Lovers walked arm in arm amid flowers of every color of the rainbow. Grand old trees graced the landscape, and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance. As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.

One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man could not hear the band, he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words. Unexpectedly, an alien thought entered his head: Why should hehave all the pleasure of seeing everything while I never get to see anything? It didn't seem fair. As the thought fermented, the man felt ashamed at first. But as the days passed and he missed seeing more sights, his envy eroded into resentment and soon turned him sour. He began to brood and found himself unable to sleep. He should be by that window - and that thought now controlled his life.

Late one night, as he lay staring at the ceiling, the man by the window began to cough. He was choking on the fluid in his lungs. The other man watched in the dimly lit room as the struggling man by the window groped for the button to call for help. Listening from across the room, he never moved, never pushed his own button which would have brought the nurse running. In less than five minutes, the coughing and choking stopped, along with the sound of breathing. Now, there was only silence--deathly silence.

The following morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths. When she found the lifeless body of the man by the window, she was saddened and called the hospital attendant to take it away--no words, no fuss. As soon as it seemed appropriate, the man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look. Finally, he would have the joy of seeing it all himself. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed. It faced a blank wall.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

seen the video, but i searched the net and found that Eye donations are NOT taken from a living person, but are removed only from the dead.

*www.eyebankkerala.org/cornea-collection.php
*www.bharateyebank.org/faqs.php

now get over it... we all know that. It is against the rule to make one person blind to give sight to another one. Don't poke over the practical possibilities... just grab the moral, in the story which is.. "never donate eyes to a blind girl friend" :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom