Ink tank and wiireless printer queries

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Dear friends,

I want to upgrade to Ink tank printer (currently HP deskjet).

Requirement - Around 40 pages per day
Scanner, copier needed
considering wireless capability too

Please suggest a good ink tank based printer. I am aware that Epson is selling few.

I really dont need color prints. So is it better to go for multiple ink or monochrome model? Why is monochrome costlier than a multi-ink model?

Now a rather dumb query - Can a wireless laptop be connected to a wireless printer simultaneously, when it is already connected to a wireless internet modem?

Thank you

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I am not quite sure what "Ink Tank" means, but I guess it refers to the system in which ink can be refilled with bottles. Am I correct?
If it is so, I had bought Epson L210 sometime in November for approximately Rs. 9,500. I have not used it much( just around 250 pages), but have not faced any problem. This is far more economical that the HP printer I had earlier. The only problem I faced was setting it up. The instructions, I feel, were vague and I had to figure things out myself.
I have been wanting to make the printer wireless too, and for this purpose I had purchased an ASUS router(don't remember the name) as suggested by some members here. However, the setting it up was too tough(or maybe I am too stupid) and I had exams so I skipped it. Will do it in some time.

Hope this helps. :)

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Thanks. Yes, I am talking about similar printers like the one you have. Yours doesnt seem to have a built in wireless though.

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Buddy, I have a Canon MP287 fitted with the same system:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/periphera...-mp287s-accessory-esyink-ink-tank-system.html

You can check the above review, and my suggestion would be to try getting an Inktank unofficially into your HP Deskjet itself. Your savings would be huge after this one time investment. Of course, inkjet head has a particular life, so only you know about it. Try searching with your model number.

Epson ones are good and have a warranty, but they prove to be overpriced initially, plus with an minimum droplet size of 3 pl, it isn't the most quality printer we've seen.

If you want more reliability, then you can choose ESYINK with Canon printers, and one Canon definitely has wireless capability, around Rs. 7.5k (including inktank). Can't recall the model though.

Top Bottom