Information needed :- CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
aditya.shevade

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ I have installed XAMPP. I also tried Joomla and Mambo on it. I have been using XAMPP and wordpress for quite long. And, from whatever I have seen about wordpress, I think it might be difficult to port my entire site on it.

Whatever I have designed so far, has a huge tree like structure. With plenty of directories and subbranches. And I don't know PHP yet. So, I think learning a CMS will take time and I think I will launch the initial site without a CMS. But I am on to learning one (most probably joomla). Thanks.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
aditya.shevade said:
^^ I have installed XAMPP. I also tried Joomla and Mambo on it. I have been using XAMPP and wordpress for quite long. And, from whatever I have seen about wordpress, I think it might be difficult to port my entire site on it.

Whatever I have designed so far, has a huge tree like structure. With plenty of directories and subbranches. And I don't know PHP yet. So, I think learning a CMS will take time and I think I will launch the initial site without a CMS. But I am on to learning one (most probably joomla). Thanks.
Do give Drupal a try :)

*www.drupal.org

tuxfan

Technomancer
aditya.shevade said:
@ tuxfan, how can one use wordpress as CMS for a website (not weblog)?
Come, let me popularise a popular Digit member's site here as an example. :)) I saw it for first time y'day when some other member gave me the link.

Go to *www.askvg.com. The site belongs to Mr. Vis(al Gup)Ta. I liked it's looks and contents. Good job Vishal (and Navjotsingh?) :)

UPDATE:
Ok, I just saw the askvg.com thread. It's Vishal with help from Navjot and Saurav (ChotoCheeta). Kudos guys! Pat yourselves :)

aditya.shevade said:
Whatever I have designed so far, has a huge tree like structure. With plenty of directories and subbranches.
Check if WordPress can handle it with Categories + sub-categories.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom