info reqd. on mail headers......

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
i got a big problem, 2 dayz bak,sum1 loggd in as a mod in2 our class ka yahoo! groop, & removed,bannd members; deleted files, links,databases, everything. does yahoo! groop send out mails 2 members who have been removd or bannd, just like it does wen a new file or poll is posted?
if it does,den wil those mail headers contain the public ip & lan ip of the machine frm which those actions were carried out?help me plz. hv 2 catch dat a**hole.

ishaan

Padawan
why dont u just ask one of the members if they got some mail n ask em for the header information ?

OP
gauravakaasid

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
we arnt meetin 4 mayb abt a week,& since i m nt owner or mod, i cant view activity logs.is there ne other way?

samleo109

Broken In
the e-mail which your friend has got will have the IP address recorded on the mail header so send that IP address to the ISP and ask for details about the person if they are ready to help you then only they will they will send you his details. All it depend on that particular ISP :) :)

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
As the mail was forwarded by yahoo groups, I doubt the sender's IP would be in the headers. Or, am I wrong in assuming that?

expertno.1

Technomancer
Or, am I wrong in assuming that?
No Sri Sriusb , you are right

the senders IP will be in the header

ask the Internet Service Provider to know who the person is actually by using this IP

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I suppose u misunderstood my sentence. I said that I don't think the sender's IP wud be there in the message headers. But upon examining a group's mail to me, I think I see a bsnl IP. It might be of the member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom