Status
Not open for further replies.

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
Everytime i restart my computer..a process named IEXPLORE.EXE starts in the background...When i kill this process it restarts again..i have scanned my computer with Avast & Spybot but nothing detected..this process is taking a lot of memory.

Please Help.... :)

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Did you scan with updated avast and spybot?? Or it can be an adware too. Avast detects some adwares, but i don't know as i was a XP user but now i am an OSS guy. :)

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
vineetrocks2005 said:
Everytime i restart my computer..a process named IEXPLORE.EXE starts in the background...When i kill this process it restarts again..i have scanned my computer with Avast & Spybot but nothing detected..this process is taking a lot of memory.

Please Help.... :)

buddy ur system is not infected with any virus IEXPLORE.EXE is the exe file for internet explorer 7 and it will start automatically when ur system starts.

u can use msconfig to disable it ( i dont know the exact method )

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
saurabh kakkar said:
buddy ur system is not infected with any virus IEXPLORE.EXE is the exe file for internet explorer 7 and it will start automatically when ur system starts.

u can use msconfig to disable it ( i dont know the exact method )
How do you know that he has installed IE 7?

saurabh kakkar

The Unknown said:
How do you know that he has installed IE 7?

buddy i am using internet explore 7 for a while now and i know that IEXPLORER.EXE is its executable file . i think u r not an active user of I.E 7

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
saurabh kakkar said:
buddy i am using internet explore 7 for a while now and i know that IEXPLORER.EXE is its executable file . i think u r not an active user of I.E 7
It is impossible for me as i am a non-windows user. Can't you see my signature and title saying "Linux"?

OP
V

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
I am using IE 6 & i have scanned my computer with the updated versions of Avast & Spybot...& there is no entry for IEXPLORE.EXE in msconfig...

Please help me...???

saurabh kakkar

vineetrocks2005 said:
I am using IE 6 & i have scanned my computer with the updated versions of Avast & Spybot...& there is no entry for IEXPLORE.EXE in msconfig...

Please help me...???

sorry buddy i had forgotten that IEXPLORER.EXE is ALSO the executable file for internet explorer 6 .
if u r having problem with IEXPLORER.EXE then u can try uninstalling it use control panel or follow the following link works on xp also
*support.microsoft.com/kb/q293907/
OR
*support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q293/9/07.ASP

after u have uninstalled u can try firefox mozilla link for u r internet access
www.mozilla.org/download.html

anandk

Distinguished Member
check its location.
the file IEXPLORE.exe shud be in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer
if not; its malware !
get it checked at *www.virustotal.com/en/virustotalf.html
if it turns out to be malware;
use deletedoctor from www.diskcleaners.com to delete it on reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom