infected pc with trojans

Status
Not open for further replies.

heartripple

In the zone
my pc got infected yestreday with trojan and because of that all my photos and wallpapers are lost.currently i am using quickheal total security 2008 and it was not able to detect that infection.so i tried kaspersky antivirus version 7.0 and removed some viruses and trojans but my photos and wallpapers are not visible to me . so tell me whato to do next and suggest me good total security suits.i will wait for tomrrow 12 noon and then try to get kaspersky internet security 2008.

the trojan was backdoor.win32.popwin.aic

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Try booting with your live Ubuntu cd, and see if you can find the files. The short cuts to your windows partitions should be on your Ubuntu live desktop. If yes, then plug in a pen drive or portable hard disk and recover the data. If the pendrive or portable hard disk does not get detected reboot with the drive plugged in, it will autodetect on boot

TechnoKiD

Broken In
i guess your folders became exe first and then the antivirus deleted them and your files got hidden... if this is the case, you can get them back by Goto Tools>folder options > view tab and in that uncheck 'hide extentions for known file types & hide protected operating system files.

u will get your files and folders back... do make new folders and cut paste the contents... ..

i got my files back by this way... i was using Avast.. now i use NOD32 antivirus from last 6 months... and its the best no more problem in my lappy... hope this helps you...

Last edited:
OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
I'll suggest you to use

Kaspersky Internet Security (www.kaspersky.com)
or
NOD32 AV (www.eset.com) + Comodo + Spybot

or if you need a free AV, then get avast (www.avast.com) or AntiVir Personal (www.avira.com). Prefer these two anytime over AVG which sucks.....

THe firewall of KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY IS VERY annoying pops up often

i want to upload the screen shot of that folder how can do that

Last edited:

Patriot

SixAxis TechNolOgy
I had this kind of problem once where my files/folders got lost somewhere and i had no idea where'd they go.
what had happened was that some of my my files/folders turned to hidden/protected os files automatically due to virus.
Go to tools-folder options-view-click show hidden files/folders and uncheck hide protected os files. And then look for ur files again.
It worked for me and might work for u too. gud luck

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
I had this kind of problem once where my files/folders got lost somewhere and i had no idea where'd they go.
what had happened was that some of my my files/folders turned to hidden/protected os files automatically due to virus.
Go to tools-folder options-view-click show hidden files/folders and uncheck hide protected os files. And then look for ur files again.
It worked for me and might work for u too. gud luck

it will not work for me because in my computer i am not able to see hidden files or folders so please suggest me another solution

please give me some solution as soon as possible because my pc is slowing down now

Last edited:
OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
kaspersky internet security is now hammering me its giving me message on every site whter allow that site open or not even when i want to change wall paper it asking me for permission.very bad and not user friendly fire wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom