India's First MSI GT72 with Nvidia GTX 900 Series Coming Soon

zkhil

Right off the assembly line
I got the info from my local city dealer. These were apparently pre-order prices. I'm 100% sure that those will be the final prices + or - 10k. Anyway I realized that spending 1.69 lacs for gaming is just ridiculous. Instead I'm putting a gtx 970 in my moderate PC(i5 2500k) and upgrading it. I bought a Lenovo y50 for my younger brother and that laptop is absolutely worth it for 78k (4GB 860m model). I mean all we require is the graphics card and MSI tries to shoehorn SSDs and super Raid 3 and other stuff. I'm sure they are good but ultimately it comes down to GPU > then CPU(and CPUs these days are hardly the problem)> decent RAM of 8 GB and so on. When will these manufacturers realize keeping it simple is all that is required to keep the prices low. People buy lenovo for the awesome price point and 860m, not for the multi colored back lit keybord..no one needs that

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
I got the info from my local city dealer. These were apparently pre-order prices. I'm 100% sure that those will be the final prices + or - 10k. Anyway I realized that spending 1.69 lacs for gaming is just ridiculous. Instead I'm putting a gtx 970 in my moderate PC(i5 2500k) and upgrading it. I bought a Lenovo y50 for my younger brother and that laptop is absolutely worth it for 78k (4GB 860m model). I mean all we require is the graphics card and MSI tries to shoehorn SSDs and super Raid 3 and other stuff. I'm sure they are good but ultimately it comes down to GPU > then CPU(and CPUs these days are hardly the problem)> decent RAM of 8 GB and so on. When will these manufacturers realize keeping it simple is all that is required to keep the prices low. People buy lenovo for the awesome price point and 860m, not for the multi colored back lit keybord..no one needs that

Wow! Are you from the competitor? We're not pushing to become a Lenovo because MSI is small in comparison. The way we survive in the gaming business is because we have features that are worth it's price. We value quality and this lacks in India. if we offer something similar like other brands, we will not be here any longer.

zkhil

Right off the assembly line
oh no! I don't work for any Laptop company. I'm just a satisfied customer with Lenovo thats all! I bought 2 laptops from them and so far I'm satisfied. I'm sure MSI is just as good. Last month I suggested an MSI mobile workstation to a friend of mine and he seems to be enjoying it. Gaming community in itself is niche, add to that laptop gaming and that too high end laptop gamers who are willing to spend 1.5 lacs + on a laptop..its a very very niche market..anyway.. we've been hearing about 900m model laptops hitting India for a month now. Any idea when these laptops are actually going to be available?

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
oh no! I don't work for any Laptop company. I'm just a satisfied customer with Lenovo thats all! I bought 2 laptops from them and so far I'm satisfied. I'm sure MSI is just as good. Last month I suggested an MSI mobile workstation to a friend of mine and he seems to be enjoying it. Gaming community in itself is niche, add to that laptop gaming and that too high end laptop gamers who are willing to spend 1.5 lacs + on a laptop..its a very very niche market..anyway.. we've been hearing about 900m model laptops hitting India for a month now. Any idea when these laptops are actually going to be available?

Yes, it's very niche market but it's working for us. Small companies rely on differentiation to be competitive. Gaming laptops and workstation are some of the areas MSI is focusing to have a competitive advantage.

As for availability of the Nvidia 900 refresh, pace is very different in India. Release of new products are constantly being delayed, we wish to release as early as possible.

Top Bottom