Indian gamer sets world record for longest GTA4 session

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewsBytes

In the zone

Chirantan Patnaik, a 26-year-old resident of Napean Sea Road, has set a new world record for the longest time spent playing Grand Theft Auto IV. Guinness is yet to officially recognise the record, but as the marathon session was put up for live streaming on the gamer’s blog and abiding by all the competition rules, it’s only a matter of time.

The previous record holder was American writer/producer Jim Patton, who played the game non-stop for 28 hours in April 2008.

Patna...

To read the full news article, click here

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
forget about guiness record. that area's power supply station manager should get limca book or records entry for providing stable and continuous power supply for 28hrs.

it's been more than a year since I last say a full day without a power trip or power cut in my place (bangalore). :)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ I thought that there will be no powercuts at all. We personally don't get power cuts. If we do get.. the power will be back in 10mins. But in second Saturday..The power will be out from 9am to 3pm.:))

adi007

Youngling
BS
you cant call it even a record .. be it a world record
Patnaik, who works in a private equity firm, set about on his task on Friday, September 4 at 10:00 AM and finally kept the controller away at 2:20 AM on Sunday, September 6.

What is a bit surprising, though, is that the new record is only 40 hours and 20 minutes – a number that most gamers think they could beat, including almost everyone in the Digit team. In fact, we are pretty sure there are quite a few of you out there who have gone longer already!

And it’s not like you have to sit in a chair where you can’t move at all. According to competition rules, you are allowed 10 minute breaks every hour to eat, drink, answer nature’s call, crack your knuckles and revitalise yourself.

And see his picture .. he is acting as if he has made some big achievement
*www.thinkdigit.com/FCKeditor/uploads/chirantanpatnaik.jpg

himanshu_game

Creating New Worlds
i can sit for 10-15 days if there is a 10 min gap every hour...
already spent 13 hrs playing nfs most wanted.,18 hrs mario,5 hours minesweeper.. etc
naturally.. ....thats my normal play.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom