India shouts against patent of Yoga in USA - Help India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thunderbird.117

gaurav_indian said:
Johnny Depp once said USA is a land of fools.:D :lol:

Atleast he was honest about it. Who know they are indian people who will say India is a land of idiots. :)

deepak.krishnan said:
BTW wut the hell is our Govt. doing there???? sleeping or wut
They are not sleeping. They got other problems to face.

Last edited by a moderator:

mediator

Technomancer
Thats not something new. MAny NRIs speak about the ills of INDIA. Seen Namaste London? ;)
Land of Snake charmers is what they used to call India.

T

thunderbird.117

mediator said:
Thats not something new. MAny NRIs speak about the ills of INDIA. Seen Namaste London? ;)
Land of Snake charmers is what they used to call India.

Did not watch that movie. I have not seen Katrina Kaif movies. She got only looks but she is useless actress.

praka123

left this forum longback
I saw that filum and I appreciate the answer given by Akki to Europeans.great!!!I think no one will say new india as a land of snake charmers?'d they? :-|

daniel_joseph

The Techie!
Can someone explain to me why everyone calls "Americans" fools but still follow their lifestyles and habits? This issue is not new. Most of the scientific inventions and mathematics which U.S claims to have invented were found out much earlier in India. The problem is that we people were very narrow-minded during ancient period and kept all the knowldege to ourselves. But the Americans proclaimed their invention to the world and got credit. If the Americans obtain patent for yoga, they will proclaim it as their invention to the world and popularise it.
Rmember in the 90's when the U.S created problems when they attempted to patent Basmati Rice?
Why are Americans who live in other parts of the world called 'Americans' while Indians who live in U.S called half-Indians?
Also can you just tell the source form where you obtained this news?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like the song by Red Hot Chili Peppers (Californication) go:
"It's the edge of the world
And all of western civilization
The sun may rise in the East
At least it settles in the final location
It's understood that Hollywood
sells Californication"

daniel_joseph

The Techie!
Oh My GOD! Now I need to pay up each time I connect my digicam or my SE W810i or my iPod to the PC. You see my PC, has 8 USB ports but all of them are situated in the rear of the cabinet. So each time I have to connect these equipments, I have to to try various yoga positions to reach the back of the cabinet.

faraaz

Evil Genius
You people are a bit late to the patent raping of India...

*www.globalissues.org/EnvIssues/GEFood/FoodPatents.asp

And you know what? There's jack-all that the common person can do about it, apart from signing petitions to let the concerned people know how you think they are bad guys and maybe make them feel a bit guilty.

The only way India can fight these things is through appealing to the judicial body concerned and filing for a patent on the grounds of this being indigenous knowledge. Furthermore, we should demonstrate that there is no way this Baba Ramdev dude came up with Yoga in the first place.

Having said that, India should also immediately patent all these things if they want to protect this kind of problem in the future, and allow their use without having to pay royalties. But knowing India...none of this is going to happen. After all, the west has been raping India even after Independence.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
I find is ridiculous that an art and science developed in India should be patented in US. It is sad actually that Basmati rice had been an incident and we are still to open our eyes...

T

thunderbird.117

Aberforth said:
I find is ridiculous that an art and science developed in India should be patented in US. It is sad actually that Basmati rice had been an incident and we are still to open our eyes...

Long time no see Aberforth :)

eagle_y2j

Youngling
fu**k US and there Patents say no to americans and there products .....

now they will be planning to patent SEX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom