Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ yes KP will be cursing himself for declaring.. even I was like WTF did he declare? o_O

Ya well, they were already 9 down and it dint make much sense to continue considering the amount of overs they would have lost. Also, they must have wanted to have a psychological edge over India before they started batting in the second innings. I dont think what he did was wrong.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Doesn't matter how better a side is, it can't win unless it performs well as a unit. English team was unsuccessful in performing well so they lost. KP a brilliant captain? How? Failing miserably as a batsman, Anderson doesn't get to bowl his quota of ten overs in ODIs, opening bowler Harmison brought into attack on the 34th over of day V of Chennai Test. All these suggest something different.

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^Doesn't matter how better a side is, it can't win unless it performs well as a unit. English team was unsuccessful in performing well so they lost. KP a brilliant captain? How? Failing miserably as a batsman, Anderson doesn't get to bowl his quota of ten overs in ODIs, opening bowler Harmison brought into attack on the 34th over of day V of Chennai Test. All these suggest something different.

Ok fine, he has not been performing well with the bat.

Regarding Anderson : He is not a great bowler anyways, Harmisson/Broad are way better than him. And he had not shown any signs of being in great form with his ball in ODIs.

Regarding Harmisson: You really expect a captain to resort to the 4th best bowler in the team on Day 5 considering the conditions ? It was spinners paradise and Flintoff is the best bowler in the team, so its only obvious that he would have been tried only if others dint deliver.

Not defending KP or anything, but your arguments are very amusing :p

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^
Anderson was the best bowler for England in 2008 prior to this series. And if he isn't performing well, what forced KP to keep him in playing XI .

He is not a great bowler anyways, Harmisson/Broad are way better than him

He is not better than Harmison ? Then why was he given the ball before Harmison on last day?

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^
Anderson was the best bowler for England in 2008 prior to this series. And if he isn't performing well, what forced KP to keep him in playing XI .

He was the best of the options available to him. Simple.

He is not better than Harmison ? Then why was he given the ball before Harmison on last day?

He tends to (reverse)swing the ball a lot more than Harmisson can, thats the only reason.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^He was the best bowler in Eng-SA series, can swing the ball more than his fellow team members and still you think he is not good.

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^He was the best bowler in Eng-SA series, can swing the ball more than his fellow team members and still you think he is not good.

Bowling in sub-continent and bowling elsewhere is completely different. And whats the use of swing when you cant pitch the ball in the right areas. He was the main culprit for letting Sehwag off to a wonderful start. Mind you, I am not saying he is not good. My point is simple, it was not a mistake by KP for not allowing Anderson to complete his quote in ODIs against India.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^He wasn't allowed to complete his quota of ten overs in series again SA as well. He bowled just 18 while he could have bowled 40

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^He wasn't allowed to complete his quota of ten overs in series again SA as well. He bowled just 18 while he could have bowled 40

But they still won. Thats what ultimately matters. I guess we should end the discussion owing to difference of opinion. Peace. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom