India loses appeal as labour costs rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ankitsagwekar

From *www.itwire.com.au/content/view/5798/53/

Jim Sanderson, vice president and chairman of enterprise applications vendor, Lawson Software, says India has become a too high cost location to set up an offshore development center. That's why Lawson chose the Philippines

OP
G

gxsaurav

obviously, as soon as more jobs come in a country, the standard of living of the citizens who work for these MNC companies, increases, who then demand better wager...resulting in higher cost for the parent company

& soon Philippines will be the same, in 10 years the cost of living will increase there too, & these companies will again move somewhere else, I wonder where, lolzzz maybe Mars

OP
T

thunderbird.117

India is loosing lot of potential. The price are so much. That hardly any company like to come to inda due to rise. China is cheaper than any country.

Sykora

I see right through you.
It's a sound business principle, though it may not be good for Indians in general.

harmax

Journeyman
Indyan said:
If the african countries can get their act together, who knows africa may also become a hot outsourcing destination.

no way ..........salaries for professionals in africa is very very high

eg a comp science fresher here in india gets only 2 to 2.5 lac whereas in africa it is sumthing lik 6 lacs in there ( forget grads frm nit,iit)

SOURCE : my african college mates, my uncle who worked there as a chartered accountant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom