India beat Syria 1-0, lift ONGC Nehru cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Not a big news but still a good one for indian football fans.:p
India beat Syria 1-0, lift ONGC Nehru cup

NEW DELHI, August 29: Hosts India won the five-nation Nehru Cup football tournament with a 1-0 victory over favourites Syria in the final here on Wednesday.

Pappachan Pradeep scored the winner a minute before half-time with a powerful right-footer from the top of the box that caught a diving Syrian goalkeeper Musab Balhous on the wrong foot.

Some 10,000 home fans at the overflowing Ambedkar stadium cheered loudly when the final whistle blew to signal a rare moment of triumph for Indian football.

*sports.indiatimes.com/India_beat_Syria_1-0_lift_ONGC_cup/articleshow/2320761.cms

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
happy to hear that :) sports other than cricket should be encouraged in this country. we haf so much talent everywhere :) i'm proud of my country!

nix

this is good news...i was happy to see a packed stadium to see that match. i was sick of seeing cricket everywhere...c'mon, with a population like ours, the only sport we play is cricket..sad..

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Go INDIA Go...

Good to see India winning...
Really..Cricket is not everything... Indians play cricket cause its the only game in which we can be called good. If our teams starts to show performence like this there will be time when football will be as much famous in India as Cricket.

OP
gaurav_indian

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
I hope some corporate bodies shows interest in football.:p

And guess what indian ranking will go up from 151 to 120 in the world.:D

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Quiz_Master said:
Indians play cricket cause its the only game in which we can be called good.
i don't think so!! are we really so good in cric???

Quiz_Master said:
If our teams starts to show performence like this...
for them to show their talent and perform we must give them a chance, which is never the case! how neglected other sports are.

i hope the sports ministry looks into it and provides support to them :) its heartning to see india win. instead of greiving over the fact that india lost the 2nd one dayer i'd like to see people being happy to see india win the ONGC nehru cup :)

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Congrats to India. Good to see Indians doing good in sports other than cricket. :cool: Go INDIA go!

Hope India's FIFA ranking goes up from 150 to 120.:rolleyes:...Or next target is to get into top 100.:cool:;):rolleyes::))

Its really a good news that our players are excelling in other sports too .. all they need are good sponsers to back them up (just like the cricket players ) .........

OP
gaurav_indian

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
digitized said:
Congrats to India. Good to see Indians doing good in sports other than cricket. :cool: Go INDIA go!

Hope India's FIFA ranking goes up from 150 to 120.:rolleyes:...Or next target is to get into top 100.:cool:;):rolleyes::))
It is close to 120 now.:p And India have to play Lebanon in WC qualifier.

And its sad to see that newspapers like Times of India didnt have this news on their front page while they give news related to ICL and BCCI on the front page.:mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom