Status
Not open for further replies.

digen

Youngling
Yes there are is called as Forum Software.Two such popular are PhpBB & Invision Power Board.The former is free while the latter is paid imho.

Digit forums run on phpbb forum software.Infact there are many open source solutions.Just give a search engine some work to do :)

iinfi

mekalodu
oh!!! so these forums are made frm a pre-existing s/w .....

all this while i have been thinking extensive coding is required for making sites like this in PHP .... db coding has to be done manually right????
or is there a s/w for that also ???

tuxfan

Technomancer
All that you need to make a forum is a server space with phpBB installed, a browser and some common sense.

No coding is required unless you want to add things like quick reply. But even for that, coding is only by copy+paste as the code is easily available. I recently made a forum for someone in an hour.

cheetah

In the zone
Or simply buy PHP webhosting with Cpanel and fantastico...u will be able to directly install some 20+ application ....ranging from PHPBB to Wordpress blog and PHP-Nuke, etc...

thecyclone2k

In the zone
you need a server with php, mysql, ftp, to make a forum like this one. GD, etc. needed to make autothumbnails. To get rid of coding(copy, pasting) for quick reply use smf.

P.S. - If you need cheap hosting for this, contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom