Inception vs. Shutter Island

Inception or Shutter Island? Take ur pick

• Total voters

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Which is better?

Inception sure has some brainfcuking concept but lacks in the category of acting. Every scene is fast paced and the story (not even a great story) is greater than the actors. They just come and play their part...nothing exceptional.

Shutter island on the other hand has a great story, great acting and also some good twists.....in no way any of the two movies would bore you...

Still, which one do u think is best?

Last edited:
I

indiadexterboy

both movies rocks, but my vote goes to Shutter Island for complicated story line.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Movie and Concept wise- Inception.
Leo's acting wise- Shutter Island.
Both movies were confusing to me, especially the finishing of Shutter Island.

D

Deleted member 26636

inception has everything from story, drama to action...the presentation is fresh & new(although the concept is somewhat "inspired").

Shutter island is equally good...the ending is a bit ambiguous....we feel that the movie has ended but when leo says his last words, we are left with a question. Inception also raises a few questions but i think there is one & only proper explanation.

but Shutter Island is strictly for fans of the genre, like me..i loved the movie, the atmosphere, the acting, everything. but someone who is not into thrillers will not enjoy it (i know it from personal experience).Inception can be enjoyed by anyone, because the action will keep you entertained & draw you into the story.

so my vote is for inception..but shutter island is not far at all.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shutter Island.

A sincere request, please vote only if you've watched both the movies. Don't make this KBC Audience ka Poll.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
A very tough call. But, If decision has to be made, then...Shutter Island.

Inception was a good film. But, what happened was, It received a tremendous hype Coz of Nolan's TDK. The movie deserves the hype and it didn't let down it's audience. Don't get me wrong, but Leo's acting is 10 times better in Shutter Island than Inception. But Shutter Island.. It simply had terrific acting, plot and narration.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Shutter Island was much better than Inception, IMHO. The plot, characters and especially Di Caprio's acting really made it one heck of a ride. Throughout the movie you are forced to revise your opinion of the various characters and it's not until the end that you actually realize what's going on. :D

cyborg47

Technomancer
My vote for Inception.
Shutter Island was equally good too, but I'd compare it to memento rather than Inception.

Top Bottom