In ear headset for MotoG

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Hi,
Budget around Rs 15k. Can get it from USA.

Firstly Congrats!! Vsonic GR07 classic is gr8 choice. You will need some good amplifier to power them up in order to take optimum performance out of Vsonics.

Fiio X1 will be available with Proaudiohome soon just get in touch with them. In US its just 100 USD so the price may come out to 6200-6500 INR while if you get it in India then expect the price to be around 10k.

If do not want to invest more 7 want almost neutral source then try to source sandisk sansa clip plus or clip zip from US around 35 - 45 USD may be lesser. You can add good amplifier to it later on if required. If I'm correct clips can drive some 60 ohms Headphone without any sweat.

Hope this helps.. :)

Update....
If you are sourcing from US check the price of Fiio X5 too X3 can fit the bill.

OP
K

kiranjoshi7

Broken In
Hi.
How's fiio x3 review about :
Ease of UI
SQ
Firmware upgrades.
Kindly do tell if anyone has used it.
Is it worth purchasing?
Regards

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Well sansa clip is sensible since cheaper & supports rock box firmware & easily drives 16-50 ohm headphones.

Fiio X3, I have heard it has few glitches regarding firmware.. Dunno, how it is now.

BTW as far as SQ is concerned, I don't think there shall be much of difference for n00bs like us, save buck IMO

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Hi.
What's technical difference between sansa fuze and clip?
Which is the best sansa to purchase?
Regards

IMO clip+ with rockbox best possible option & its cheap too @35 USD on amazon

fuze+ UI was very buggy initially when launched, improved a lot but still some minor bugs present.

joshiks7

Journeyman
Amazon.com : SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) : MP3 Players & Accessories
Right?
But hows FiioX1 in comparison to sansa clip?

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I just bought myself a Fiio X1, Fiio E11K and Philips SHL 3300 , this set up , for people who know is the poor mans gateway to HiEnd sound. The combo is very very articulate ly matched to each other and sounds heaven. Total system cost Rs 6500+4300+1900 = Rs 12700 aprx. This combination has to be heard to be believed ,it will blow systems thrice its price out of the serene blue waters.

Now coming back to the point , Hell yes X3 is very good but IMHO opinion either get the X1 or the X5 ,X3 is nether here nor there middle of the road solution.Do not even compare a Sansa Clip with a Fiio X1 ...... Please there's a heaven above you be afraid!

Last edited:

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Now scores become
X1 : 1(user review)
Clip : .5 (internet reviews)

BTW, [MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION], try X1 without the amp & post the difference. Also any previous experiences with any DAP ?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
X1 without amp sounds superb with Hiend IEMS like Sleek Audio and Etymotics or the Klipschs I own,why I say this here it is because these over 10K IEMs will lay bare if the recording or source has issues. The X1 is more musical,more resolved, more full bodied and powerful with great sound staging capability (compared to a Astell & Kern which is excellent) .Its far more involving over a Sans a any day and that is exactly what matters ,how the music draws you in to it and drive you to tears.

Of course it can drive 40/50mm cans but hey we all know they do better with amps,hence.

I'm using DAPS from Creative Jukebox days!!!

Just now received cables from Oyaide , Japan.(oyaide elec top) 4 inch cable for DAP to AMP , damage Rs 2200! The set up is complete for now!

Last edited:

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Seeing that damages are equal price wise, now I too vote for X1.
[MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION], dude you got some serious stuff, why not review them sometime?

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
X1 or clip??

In terms of SQ Fiio X1 hands down...

[MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION]

Tell me more of Philips SHL3300 is it over the ears or on the ears...

Which IEMs will you compare them to??

I was totally unaware of SHL series. I guess its new one.
Thanks..

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Seeing that damages are equal price wise, now I too vote for X1.
[MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION], dude you got some serious stuff, why not review them sometime?

I'm too damn lazy to review,if you ask me I'll tell you,but sitting down to write review....oh no! Brother bless me that I actually can buy serious stuff someday like the Mcintosh MHA100 and MHP 1000!! Right now I'm at just entry level man!

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
In terms of SQ Fiio X1 hands down...

[MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION]

Tell me more of Philips SHL3300 is it over the ears or on the ears...

Which IEMs will you compare them to??

I was totally unaware of SHL series. I guess its new one.
Thanks..

Its over the ear with high quality 40mm neodymium drivers,they have that typical Philips sound signature dark lively just right but this one has BASS and it doesn't kill any frequencies but the highs ain't as airy only when compared to Cans 3 times its price at least. As far detail retrieval they are excellent but dosnt get clinical,it retains the joy of listening to music intact. In short its musical.Bass is tight and with quantity but good bass not spoiler. I'm still breaking em in ,will comment more later.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing of mention this thing can be played very very very very loud almost ear bleed levels but without distortion. I tried this test on a Pioneer CDJ 200 and it held its ground and almost shamed my friend who owns a Technics RP 1200!! He ended up ordering one too. But remember this Philips is best driven with an amp or Hiend CD players Headphone outs,in short that feeds it lotsa current!

- - - Updated - - -

I have the snaps of the test and all gear related to Philips set up, but ooh again putting up in a host site and linking em here painful. Can mail all pics if somebody wanna see them!

Last edited:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Its over the ear with high quality 40mm neodymium drivers,they have that typical Philips sound signature dark lively just right but this one has BASS and it doesn't kill any frequencies but the highs ain't as airy only when compared to Cans 3 times its price at least. As far detail retrieval they are excellent but dosnt get clinical,it retains the joy of listening to music intact. In short its musical.Bass is tight and with quantity but good bass not spoiler. I'm still breaking em in ,will comment more later.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing of mention this thing can be played very very very very loud almost ear bleed levels but without distortion. I tried this test on a Pioneer CDJ 200 and it held its ground and almost shamed my friend who owns a Technics RP 1200!! He ended up ordering one too. But remember this Philips is best driven with an amp or Hiend CD players Headphone outs,in short that feeds it lotsa current!

- - - Updated - - -

I have the snaps of the test and all gear related to Philips set up, but ooh again putting up in a host site and linking em here painful. Can mail all pics if somebody wanna see them!

Thanks for the info bro. So you mean to say even Nationite N2 , Clip & Fiio X1 are not sufficient to take out juice of these Philips SHL3300?

Well I'm on lookout for good portable headphones for commuting as I cannot carry my Samson SR850 everywhere & it looks odd too ;). Will think of these or some KOSS but at later stage may be after upgrading to Fiio X1. Till then happy with Nationite N2.

BTW you saying just Entry level yourself :razz:

Top Bottom