Improving connection speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
I'm using BSNL netone service for accessing the net.
It used to show a speed of 21-24 Kbps in the beginning.After that I used System Mechanic's Optimizing tools and got a speed of above 40kbps.
Now all of a sudden it has dropped back to 28.8Kbps.It won't increase above this speed no matter what i do.I restored the setings and applied the tweaks again,but no improvement.
Plz suggest some tools that can improve my connection speed.
Thank you...

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
well,it could be because your previous downloads just went faster than the stuff you are downloading now, try downloading the previous stuff and see if the tweaks are working.

shaunak

Tux Fan
Get your true speed checked from *www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/
for a 256Kbps [note the usage of capital and small letters] you should get a theoratical maximum of 32KBps. A constant speed 40KBps is Impossible even theoriticaly. you must have got an instanteneous spike up. It happen sometimes. [a lot on the cableguy's network]. Realistically after all the signal losses at the last mile ie. in the copper wire that comes from the exchance to you, [ not just a mile from your home:) ] you should get a maximum speed of 30KBps.

Key:
Kbps: kilobits per second [1 byte=8 bits]
KBps: kilobytes per second

Last edited:
OP
whoopy_whale

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
Thanx 4 the help...I did a test and shows that...

Communications 60.8 kilobits per second
Storage 7.4 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 2.3 minutes
Subjective rating Slow

I'm getting 60.8Kbps!!!But when I connect to the net it still shows only 28.8Kbps and mine is just a dialup connection.60.8Kbps is not possible,rt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom