Importing bookmarks from Previous Windows Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzu

AJJU
Okay ,, i got a new computer so.. installed Windows (xp) on it
now on my old computer harddisk i have lots of bookmarks in Firefox..
and the main problem is some how windows got corrupted and i cant boot in to Windows Xp..
but i can connect the Hdd to my new Rig and iam able to access all the programme files is there any way from which i can get my Firefox bookmarks back to my new Windows installation ?

pushkar

Journeyman
Go to the appdata folder of your previous Firefox installation. It should be in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data (Replace C and username with your values).

Inside the Application Data folder, go to Mozilla\Firefox\profiles\394034.default\bookmarkbackups (the name of the profile folder will vary)

There will be some files in here, note the name of the latest file. Now open Firefox, select Organise Bookmarks > Import & Backup > Restore > Choose File and then choose the file you noted down earlier.

OP
azzu

azzu

AJJU
Go to the appdata folder of your previous Firefox installation. It should be in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data (Replace C and username with your values).

Inside the Application Data folder, go to Mozilla\Firefox\profiles\394034.default\bookmarkbackups (the name of the profile folder will vary)

There will be some files in here, note the name of the latest file. Now open Firefox, select Organise Bookmarks > Import & Backup > Restore > Choose File and then choose the file you noted down earlier.

Thanks a Ton bro :)
it Worked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom