Important Question about mp3 file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonball

Broken In
Is it possible to prevent some mp3 songs from being burned on CDs but still being able to play on my comp?

I mean i dont want some1 to burn a mp3 file & take it to his comp. but still that file should play on my comp.?

Thanks.

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
Well i haven't heard anyone do it but i believe its possible..don't know how but i believe all the online music-stores are doing it...

Anyways if you have the songs on cds in audio format, and you have ripped them to hard-disk, there is hope, by using WMA format. Simple...rip them using Windows Media Player..make sure
Tools --> Options --> Copy Music --> Copy Settings --> Protect Contents is ticked.

BTW why do you wanna do it??

Hitesh Gupta

OP
D

dragonball

Broken In
i want 2 protect an mp3 file.

Reason being my little bro burns the musics(WWE ones) & takes them to his friends' home to listen & distribute them, which i dont want.

imprince

Journeyman
dragonball said:
I mean i dont want some1 to burn a mp3 file & take it to his comp. but still that file should play on my comp.?

Thanks.

it is thinking if u r want to know this for knowledge .... if not

thn

don't be selfish :wink:

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
use sound formats which r not very common like FLAC(Free Lossless Audio Codec) *flac.sourceforge.net/ and Monkey's Audio *www.monkeysaudio.com/ you are required ti install a player for that . now it will be played on your computer but if anyone copies it, it will not be played as they wont be having the codec!!

OP
D

dragonball

Broken In
imprince said:
dragonball said:

Thanks.

it is thinking if u r want to know this for knowledge .... if not

thn

don't be selfish :wink:

Hey Imprince, Its not an act or selfishness but i m trying to protect my little brother to avoid listening & watching WWE. U got it?

& thanks Pranay for ur Advice.

Thanks.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Hey Imprince, Its not an act or selfishness but i m trying to protect my little brother to avoid listening & watching WWE. U got it?

Well if thats ur intention then just zip it up and use a password to protec the zip file. Its simpler. You should have told us what ur tryin to do much earlier man :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom