Important : 19 inch Viewsonic Widescreen Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Broken In
Im planning to buy this, is it any good? i cant seem to find a good review on the internet..but i did find that some of the viewsonic tfts did show problems
i wonder if its true..

its comming at a price of 9500/- and i dont want to go in for a samsung which is 11000/-

Is it a worthy buy? considering that its just been launched into the market?

Also are widescreen monitors good for gaming? or traditional ones?
i keep the pc on for at least 12-14 hrs daily..does that have a burnout effect on the TFT Life? because CRTs are more sturdy and long lasting.

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
i'm using a Viewsonic 1912wb for bout a month or 2 and didnt face any probs.pic quality is gr8 in games,movies etc.and i use my pc for bout 14 hrs a day.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Zen said:
Im planning to buy this, is it any good? i cant seem to find a good review on the internet..but i did find that some of the viewsonic tfts did show problems
i wonder if its true..

its comming at a price of 9500/- and i dont want to go in for a samsung which is 11000/-

Is it a worthy buy? considering that its just been launched into the market?

Also are widescreen monitors good for gaming? or traditional ones?
i keep the pc on for at least 12-14 hrs daily..does that have a burnout effect on the TFT Life? because CRTs are more sturdy and long lasting.
"Well even the worst crt is better than the best LCD"-quoted by digit.Please if u wanna game with no problems then go for CRT(AOC is a good brand)

OP
Zen

Zen

Broken In
Harvik780 said:
"Well even the worst crt is better than the best LCD"-quoted by digit.Please if u wanna game with no problems then go for CRT(AOC is a good brand)

well said buddy :)

im gonna buy a crt insted, 19 inc crts are rare to find, might just buy the common samsung 793s 17''

Are there any other decent brands/models in that range?

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
Harvik780 said:

well tht mean shud i stuck with my 17' inch Samsung CRT.......coz i was also plannin' to change my Monitor to LCD.....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I would Suggest i case of View Sonic try going with the vx Seriese...

vx1932wm is Rs. 10050/- + TAX kolkata (4%)

:)

and @Harvik780

Those days are over... !!!! LCD/TFT nowdays are comming with better Response time so really those donimation of CRTs now comming to end...

I used vg1930wm from View Sonic... really i felt its giving better picture than LG or SAMSUNG 17" CRT displays...

I played GAME / Watched HD upto 1080p moviews... !!!! no problem...

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
^^^ from where did ya get HD content and wat was it?i know its available 4 dl on the net but the size r > 20GB for movies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
There are Game Developers and Movie Studios who are proving Game Demo Videos and Moview Trailers in HD format... Google and find your self few !!!

:D

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Even i absolutely have no Problem with my Samsung LCD.
No Ghosting in gaming, no problem with HDDVD contents.

assasin said:
^^^ from where did ya get HD content and wat was it?i know its available 4 dl on the net but the size r > 20GB for movies.
You easily get 1080P Movies in less than 10GB.
And 720P are available at around 4Gb .Thats almost a standard DVD file size. :)

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeaa totally agree gone r the days when CRT were much superior to LCD's while gaming etc,LCD now a days have vry gud response time with 5ms,2ms!getting a new CRT at this time is not at all recommended,get urself a Viewsonic 1930wm its a pretty decent monitor!

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
wide screens have problem with older games that don't support wide screen resolusion. u have to use standard resolution only which makes the picture to strech horizontally.

Sylar

a.k.a Niks
Choto Cheeta said:
I would Suggest i case of View Sonic try going with the vx Seriese...

vx1932wm is Rs. 10050/- + TAX kolkata (4%)
:)
i agree .. if u want to go for Viewsonic go for VX1932wm.. has a 2ms response time compared to 5ms of the others.. and also a 800:1 static contrast ratio (dynamic is 2000:1) while others have 700:1 static..

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
Sylar said:
i agree .. if u want to go for Viewsonic go for VX1932wm.. has a 2ms response time compared to 5ms of the others.. and also a 800:1 static contrast ratio (dynamic is 2000:1) while others have 700:1 static..

+1 to that
Amazing picture quality
DVI-D , integrated stereo speakers means I can watch tv using an external tv tuner without actually turning on the comp or adding extra speakers to that

Beautiful piano black design and agbsolutely fast response time !
GR8 monitor

Sylar

a.k.a Niks
assasin said:
^^^ dont depend too much on those spkrs.they r just there 4 the sake of it.
they suffice for watchin TV.. thats what spitfire said he uses it for... And TV quality aint that gr8 in india either.. Tata Sky looks n sounds like sh1t on my 37" and home theater spkrs for that matter....!!!

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
Sylar said:
they suffice for watchin TV.. thats what spitfire said he uses it for... And TV quality aint that gr8 in india either.. Tata Sky looks n sounds like sh1t on my 37" and home theater spkrs for that matter....!!!

exactly !
One thing you should keep in mind if you decide to buy this one..do buy a 3pin power cable coz the cable that coms with it has flat headers used in us.So you need to buy one cable or an adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom