Immediate purchase budget 80k-95k

hpblze

Broken In
I tried the Samsung NP550P5C but had it replaced/returned twice cuz of 2 manufacturing faults , non working trackpad and then a giant spot on the display screen.
So after giving it back , I booked a Sony S15116GNB but now its out of stock and will come to Indian shores only after a month or so that order got cancelled too.

Now I am stuck , and really need your help . I am from Bangalore and wanted to know at this moment where I could get a Lappy quickly with a good graphics card n decent screen ( viewing angles ) as I am in 3d Animation and need that dearly

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks a million guys !

OP
H

hpblze

Broken In
But the macbook does not have an optical drive to burn dvds n m worried about compatibility with windows drivers and programs even after bootcamp

OP
H

hpblze

Broken In
What do you guys think of this laptop - ASUS N55SL
iTS available on Flipkart

But can I get it soon the Dell 17 one, cuz if I go through the website the representative told me its imported n will take minimum 4 weeks delivery !!

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Poor screen, 2nd gen CPU. No great GPU either. Highly NOT recommended.

Get 17R SE 3D. Has an excellent screen with great contrast and good color accuracy plus more than decent viewing angles. After the Vaio S15 it has the best viewing angles of any laptop upto 1 lac. And overall its probably slightly better quality screen than S15. Better color accuracy and also higher contrast ratio.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
No. :(

You have to buy Nvidia 3D Vision 2 kit to get the glasses and the transmitter and everything. It's just 3D "ready" LOL

SlayerAndy

Broken In
^
No. :(

You have to buy Nvidia 3D Vision 2 kit to get the glasses and the transmitter and everything. It's just 3D "ready" LOL

Most of the laptops are 3D ready. The 17R SE is 3D. You get a pair of glasses with it.

The GT650M is 3D ready. If I connect it to a 3D monitor and wear glasses, I'll be able to view 3D.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
No there are no glasses included with 17 R SE. At least that's what it seems like according to Dell India website. Do you have any info that proves otherwise ?

And sorry but your first sentence is absolutely wrong. Only laptops with 3D screens are 3D ready. So even if most laptops come with GPUs that support 3D doesn't mean you can just buy 3D glasses and start enjoying 3D. No! It requires a 3D screen. So yes they are 3D ready in the sense you can connect them to a 3DTV/monitor and view 3D but not on the laptop itself.

With the 17r SE, its 3D ready in the sense it comes with a 3D screen but not glasses.

SlayerAndy

Broken In
^
No there are no glasses included with 17 R SE. At least that's what it seems like according to Dell India website. Do you have any info that proves otherwise ?

And sorry but your first sentence is absolutely wrong. Only laptops with 3D screens are 3D ready. So even if most laptops come with GPUs that support 3D doesn't mean you can just buy 3D glasses and start enjoying 3D. No! It requires a 3D screen. So yes they are 3D ready in the sense you can connect them to a 3DTV/monitor and view 3D but not on the laptop itself.

With the 17r SE, its 3D ready in the sense it comes with a 3D screen but not glasses.

I really wish you update your information.
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System
Check, Keyboard, then comes optical drive, then wireless, then check in accessories.
And please read what I wrote carefully. If I connect laptop with GT650M to a 3D screen, wear the glasses, I can view 3D. I hope that makes it clear.

And GT650M is 3D ready. May it be any laptop. You can connect a 3D screen to it to have the fun.
*www.nvidia.in/object/geforce-gt-650m-in.html#pdpContent=1

Quote from the Nvidia site.
4 – NVIDIA 3D Vision requires NVIDIA 3D Vision glasses and a 3D Vision-Ready display. See www.nvidia.in/3dvision for more information. Supported on GeForce GT 540M and above GPUs only

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Yes the MBP Retina doesn't come with an optical drive.

And thanks for the info, I missed that part I guess, didn't see 3D glasses mentioned anywhere. So yup you're right. :)

Top Bottom