Image editing and Mild gaming Pc

thegeek

Broken In
My budget for this rig 20-25000INR, purpose is watching hd movies, image editing.

I came across Intel I3 530/540, it has a built in graphic controller, so i guess it is enough to serve my purpose, like mild gaming, image editing, etc.

I have a 19'' samsung monitor
Google has it that I3 can be overclocked to over 3.5-4.0 GHz, on stock air cooling, whats do you say about this, this means that its oc performance equals x4 955be, because the clarkdale processors have this hyper threading technology, which in case of I3 540 fool the os that it has 4 cores instead of 2 (meaning 2 pseudo cores), as its per core handles two programmes at a time.

No Amd processor right now is on 32nm fabrication

Here's the products I came across on net, need you guys to help not with the copy/paste amd configuration, but one that lasts longer and serves my purpose well

Processor - Intel I3 530/540(which one?, Is I3 the right choice, at this point of time, bearing in mind its oc capabilities) - Rs.6000
Motherboard - intel dh55tc (well, will not really go with this one, until it has enough tit-bits like, at value price) - Rs. ?, Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 (Has got the tit-bits, but is it worth going for or is there another cheaper option ?)
Ram - Well i guess 2gb DDR3 would be enough for me, but I still need to know how much a single 4gb module would cost ( 1333, 1600, 2200, all of them), g.skill or a-data or corsair ?
Psu - I came across this Gigabyte psu @ Rs. 2200 on Chip forums, would it suffice my config, as at present im not thinking of buying a separate gpu, because maybe I3 has enough graphics ? Whats your say on this and I dont think my oldy Intex 450w would be safe enough to use with this config
Cabinet - Elite 331 I guess its come down to Rs. 1600 so should i spend my money on this, or do i keep my old iball one open with both sides and install in it an additional fan? Because If i go for I3 i will be overclocking it at times needed.
Hdd- Dont need it, already own Seagate 1tb + 80gb
DVDRW- Whatever Lg one- Rs. 800-900
Cooler- Is the stock fan that'll come with the package is enough?

Need you guys to solve all my queries, and as soon as possible, thanks everyone in advance.

Ive seen enough of my old P4, now i dont need to go wrong with a single thing in this config.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ i3 is a good option but only if you ready to accept that you won't upgrade your PC in future as its socket LGA1156 won't support any new proccy launching next yr. so before making your move, think a bit.

proccy: you decide.
Mobo: H55/H57 if you want use the built in graphics. P55 if you willing to buy a gfx card.
ram: try squeeze in 4Gb.
PSU: FSP Saga II 400W or Gigabyte 460W. pick any one. whichever is cheaper.
Cabinet: either get Elite 310 (cheapest) or try your hands on NZXT gamma.

also do keep in mind, 32nm won't really give your system wings to fly away. it'll just OC better but at the end of the day you'll need a good cooler to get to any beneficial OC. also i'll suggest look at Athlon II X4 + 785G/880G combo. will easily cost you 1-2k less than your i3 setup at 5% less performance at the apps you'll run. think again.

vwad

In the zone
Proc : Athlon II X4 635 = 5075
Mobo : MSI 880GMA-E45 = 5850
PSU : FSP Saga II 500W = 2950
Cabby : Elite 310 = 2200
DVDRW LG = 1000

Total = 17k

Presentation of sam's opinion :p

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I guess an AMD PC with a 785G chipset mobo would be a better option at that budget. 785G chipset has a very good IGP (HD4200) which can run HD movies very smoothly and can handle some gaming too. If you are open to that option, we can advise

OP
thegeek

thegeek

Broken In
Yeah i just need this rig to last 1-1.5 yr, then ill assemble a i7 or any other higher 'i' series procc.

is there a mobo for i3 under INR6000 that has usb3.0 ? plz suggest one

also i need a 4gb ddr3 1333GHz ram, which brand and model should i go for...

---------- Post added 01-08-2010 at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 31-07-2010 at 11:23 PM ----------

hell man, last year when i was about to buy a phenom 940, back then all the motherboards of intel had these great tit-bits like now there are usb 3.0 and sata 6g, and now when im switching to intel, now amd motherboards are providing these tit-bits at half the cost, so am i making a wrong choice getting the i3 ? But all the comparisons i saw on net, like i3 vs phenom x4 640, all were in favour of intel, because it has the latest technology of all, following the i series, so whats your say about this...please also do include a explanation, because i need to be clear of all the facts...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i3 superior to Athlon IIs & also beats most Phenom IIs in reviews. but theres a catch. reviewers use high end graphics card. but when you strip away those things, both platform come in balance. AMD = better graphics. Intel = better computing. so you need to do the hard work i.e. decide what you want.
my vote is Athlon II X4 + 785G. as USB 3.0 & SATA 6GBPS good to look at & have next to no practical usage.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Since you want the PC only for 1-1.5 years, no need of USB 3.0 unless you have a USB 3.0 device coz it will be hardly there in the next 1 year. USB 3.0 devices will take some time to become mainstream
We suggest AMD coz your requirement is image editing (photoshop I assume, doesn't matter even if not) and watching HD movies. For a smooth performance in Full HD movies, you need some graphics processing power. The inbuilt graphics that Intel mentions is crap. Your budget doesn't permit a graphics card with Intel processor. So 785G chipset based board seems to be the best solution for you.
Anyways i3s are dual core processor. At the same price you will get AMD quad core processor. processing power will be same or superior (atleast at stock speeds), so no worries on that front.

OP
thegeek

thegeek

Broken In
intel i3 750 - 5600
gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 - 6800
corsair 4gb ddr3 1333MHz - 5600 ive heard of a custom made ram by corsair for i5, what is it good enough, if yes please tell the model
gigabyte superb 460w - 2200
cooler master elite 331 - 1500
lg dvdrw - 1000

total - 22700INR
if i increase it to 25000, what i5 can i go for, since ive read i5 750 doesnt has hyper-threading, and i5 650 has, and are their built in graphics more than i3 ? is turbo boost technology good enough to make it a reason for switching from i3 to i5...
and what are options amd side (something better than old phenom ii x4's), does amd create issues in a long term ?

Last edited:

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
1. Hyperthreaded dual cores are no match for true quad cores for multitasking.
2. Intel graphics are the worst in the market.

The AMD config is as follows -

AMD athlon ii x4 630 - 5k
Biostar 785G3 HD - 4k
2*2 GB DDR3 - 5.5k
FSP saga 400W - 2k
Cooler Master elite 310 - 1.6k
DVD writer from LG/Samsung/Lite-on - 1.2k
Total 19.3k

For 25k -
Change the motherboard to Biostar 785G3 - 3.2k
Add ATI radeon HD 5670 512 MB - 6k
And change the PSU to FSP saga 500W - 2.5k
New total - 25k

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

And no, AMD does not create issues is the long term

OP
thegeek

thegeek

Broken In
Why not get a 6 cored processor then, if already im spending 23000 on 2 damn cores !!!
So here's the config,
-AMD Phenom II X6 1055T - 9600
-Suggest me a 4 to 6000 mobo preferably #1) gigabyte #2) Msi, should have crossfire (only two pci-e, not more )usb 3.0 and sata 6g (since ive switched to amd, i should get all this cheap enough), should have ati 4200 onboard, oc switch, etc. ( good enough so that i dont have to r&d on mobo anymore, plz! )
-Corsair XMS 1333Mhz DDR3 - 5600 (I hope this is the right price ?)
-Is Gigabyte Superb 460w good enough, if i add a ati 5670 later
-Cooler Master Elite 331, Is NZXT M59 any good, whats better in it than elite 331 other than looks ?
-Lg DVDRW - 1000

The main help required is in motherboard selection, so guys just have a look at my needs and accordingly decide the cheap and best one, as there are so many variety in amd motherboards. Thank you all in advance, i better decide fast before i see any other shiny stuff and i chane my mind...

Piyush

Lanaya
I guess an AMD PC with a 785G chipset mobo would be a better option at that budget. 785G chipset has a very good IGP (HD4200) which can run HD movies very smoothly and can handle some gaming too. If you are open to that option, we can advise
if ur considering the igp then 80gma has better igp ...its 4250HD
bet suited for future upgrades and also supports 6 core cpu if OP wants to upgrade later

rest of the rig stated by pulsar is good

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Why not get a 6 cored processor then, if already im spending 23000 on 2 damn cores !!!
So here's the config,
-AMD Phenom II X6 1055T - 9600
-Suggest me a 4 to 6000 mobo preferably #1) gigabyte #2) Msi, should have crossfire (only two pci-e, not more )usb 3.0 and sata 6g (since ive switched to amd, i should get all this cheap enough), should have ati 4200 onboard, oc switch, etc. ( good enough so that i dont have to r&d on mobo anymore, plz! )
-Corsair XMS 1333Mhz DDR3 - 5600 (I hope this is the right price ?)
-Is Gigabyte Superb 460w good enough, if i add a ati 5670 later
-Cooler Master Elite 331, Is NZXT M59 any good, whats better in it than elite 331 other than looks ?
-Lg DVDRW - 1000

The main help required is in motherboard selection, so guys just have a look at my needs and accordingly decide the cheap and best one, as there are so many variety in amd motherboards. Thank you all in advance, i better decide fast before i see any other shiny stuff and i chane my mind...

y r u looking for crossfire option
ur needs will be fulfilled in single gfx card too
under 6k u have 2 good choices
1>MSI 880gma e45 @ 5.6k
2>Gigabyte 880 u2dh @5.8k
both have usb3 and sata 3 alongwith HD 4250

OP
thegeek

thegeek

Broken In
rest of the rig stated by pulsar is good

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

there's no post by pulsar in my thread i guess...

and would you please give me the complete model of the gigabyte model that you have adviced, because the one which you gave gives no results on google...

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

lol i avoided the two pseudo cores, u avoid the pseudo quote...:D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ maybe he pointing at wvad's post (pulsar & wvad use same avatar). but i'll suggest get the MSI 89GXM E65 & go with normal ram from Kingston or Corsair. not performance ram. this way your budget will be same but performance will increase.

OP
thegeek

thegeek

Broken In
@sam.shab
ill be using this pc for maya, max rendering too, so i think ill have a benefit with performance ram...what say

the msi board you mentioned does not exist on google, please give the exact model and price...thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

What's this guys !, do i need to switch to intel back again, check this out, 4 cored i5 750 beats amd x6 1055t in every benchmark
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE & Phenom II X6 1055T Review > Application Performance - TechSpot

Piyush

Lanaya
MSI 890 board
MSI 890GXM G65 review (AMD 890GX chipset)

MSI 880 board
HEXUS.net - Review :: MSI 880GMA-E45 motherboard. The new budget king? : Page - 1/9

gigabyte 880 board
Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H Reviews

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

^^ maybe he pointing at wvad's post (pulsar & wvad use same avatar).
thats right

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

lol i avoided the two pseudo cores, u avoid the pseudo quote...:D

what do u mean by that

better leave it here :))

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam.shab
ill be using this pc for maya, max rendering too, so i think ill have a benefit with performance ram...what say

the msi board you mentioned does not exist on google, please give the exact model and price...thanks in advance

AMD proccies memory controller isn't very efficiant. so performance ram will have least impact. better get a better board. & sorry. its a type. its G65 as piyush baba pointed.

also when your work involves heavily threaded apps, better go for X6. also with i5 750, a seperate accelerator needed. & never go for a single review. go for as many reviews as possible. & check whats config they using. than check in how many reviews i5 750 beats X6.

Top Bottom