[IM] Telegram

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Right now, there is no competition between WhatsApp and Telegram.

What'sApp have no cloud backup (Atleast from user's point of view). I have lost my conversation history due to this. While since Telegram have cloud storage, so I have never lost any data. Due to this reason, Telegram is truly cross platform, while WhatsApp is struggling to it.

WhatsApp was good when it was new. But now that it have been bought by FB, I tend not to use it much. I have to be on it, since as with many others, my friends are on it. But Telegram is way better.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
There is one difference between WhatsApp and Telegram in case of groups - In WhatsApp the phone numbers of all group members are visible to all members of the group. But in Telegram you will see the nickname but will not see the phone number unless you already have it in your phone book.

This leads to an excellent thing - no one can send you a direct message without getting your number from you or someone else in the group.

-------

How long does Telegram store our media in its cloud? There should be a finite limit because storage is not infinite. Just around a month of my WhatsApp activity alone produces more than 2 GB of media.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I just started using Telegram. However I am having a hard time looking for people to join me there.

beingGamer

In the zone
I also have the same problem. no one uses it.
i sending animated gifs is one of the big advantages of Telegram

warrior123

Broken In
One more handy feature:

You can directly search for images and share from internet on telegram. No need to go to browser to download image and then share the image from explorer.

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
Happy New year to all forum users .

one of the top most channel working on telegram is Did You Know
*s16.postimg.org/w9a3g1h7l/Telegram_App.jpg

also lot of valuable channel working on

*telegram.me/UPSCKPSCStudyMaterials
*telegram.me/historygram
*telegram.me/movieworldchannel
*telegram.me/BoringClass
*telegram.me/TechGuide
*telegram.me/common_mistakes
*telegram.me/bestmemes
*telegram.me/indianmovies
*telegram.me/MovieDownloads

by using WhatsApp you can only entertain but using Telegram you can also gain more knowledge.
your choice .

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Great thread. :doublethumb:

Also, I made a flowchart recently. :p

*i1.wp.com/vineetkumar.me/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IM_Flowchart.png

anky

Youngling
google sms channel....i used to subscribe to jokes. news and other things from there way back in 2009..free of cost.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]
Possible error in flowchart sir. You are directing a person who has already answered NO to wishing to broadcast mobile number to world to WhatsApp.

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
So you guys are on Telegram group?

have you join Telegram..??

- - - Updated - - -

google sms channel....i used to subscribe to jokes. news and other things from there way back in 2009..free of cost.

Most Popular Google SMS Channel Was ..

CRICKETLIVESCOREBOARD – Live Cricket Score & News.
wordoftheday – a word and meaning daily in your mobile from MnemonicDictionary.com
GoogleNews – Worldwide news selection from Google News
Motivation2day – Get Free Motivational Quotes by SMS
HEADLINESINDIA – National SMS News Channel For India
IBNLIVE_TopNews – Get Top Headlines of CNN IBN instantly on your mobile.
TechAlerts- Keep updated about the Latest technological innovations happening around the world
StocksInfo – Info about stocks and shares with current market conditions…direct from economic times!!!!
OneIndiaBollywood – Entertainment/movies news from oneindia.in
cookingtips – Get Recipes, cooking tips, healthy snacks options, healthy diet, weight control ideas, and a lot more. Be Healthy Wealthy and Wise.
OfferForShoppersBangalore – Get exciting shopping offers from OffersForShoppers.com
LifeMojo – Daily Health tips from LifeMojo! Get tips about healthy lifestyle, weight loss, fitness, exercise, Running, Cycling, wellness, diet, nutrition, motivation

Unfortunately Google had Stopped this service.

But Now Telegram has Such facilities .

you can try most popular Channels..

*telegram.me/UPSCKPSCStudyMaterials
*telegram.me/historygram
*telegram.me/movieworldchannel
*telegram.me/BoringClass
*telegram.me/TechGuide
*telegram.me/common_mistakes
*telegram.me/bestmemes
*telegram.me/indianmovies
*telegram.me/MovieDownloads

kapiljhajhria

Broken In
Ok. Here we go. This thought has been bugging me for some time. Months to be precise.

1. We lose our number if we don't use it for 3 months. ( Worst case scenario, user dies). And then that number is given to somebody else. That is the usual practice with operators.

2. Telegram stores all info contacts/messages/media in the cloud related to the number and is available in multiple platforms.

Here is the case.

So a user loses his number, another person gets the number, activates Telegram. Telegram syncs all the previous user's data to this guy.

Your thoughts please ;)
You can setup passcode. So just having your simcard won't be enough for anyone to gain access yo your telegram account. Which is not the case with whatsapp. Also you can set self destruct like 3 months for your telegram account. Which you can't do in whatsapp. So if you change your number and people still send you whatsapp message on that number even after few months. Stranger who gets your number will be able to recieve them as soon as he sign ups for whatsapp.

Top Bottom