[IM] Telegram

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
how many are using it ?
heard that its better than Whatsapp :-D

Excellent Features:

FAST: Telegram is the fastest messaging app on the market because it uses a distributed infrastructure with data centers positioned around the globe to connect users to the closest possible server.

SECURE:
We made it our mission to provide the best security among mass messengers. Telegram heavily encrypts all your data with time-tested algorithms.

CLOUD STORAGE:
Telegram seamlessly syncs across all your devices, so you can always securely access your data. Your message history is stored for free in the Telegram cloud. Never lose your data again!

RELIABLE:
Built to deliver your messages in the minimum bytes possible, Telegram is the most reliable messaging system ever made. It works even on the weakest mobile connections.

100% FREE & NO ADS:
Telegram is free and will always be free. We are not going to sell ads or introduce subscription fees.

what u say?

sksundram

In the zone
I am a long time Telegram user. Whatsapp was nothing but a distraction for me. I just have a single contact on Telegram i.e. my gf's. The desktop app by Telegram was what made me choose it over other apps. It serves the purpose for me excellently. The stickers, however, suck big time in Telegram. I am not much of a sticker person but I have felt a couple of times that a good set of stickers would be, certainly, a good thing to add. Hike has the best set of stickers for Indian users.

Whatsapp has the advantage of first move. It's hard to move on after using whatsapp. If It works for you, It's fine to keep using it though security could be a problem for whatsapp users after the acquisition by FB. Newspaper reports of introduction of paid ads by Whatsapp in the near future could be a reason to make the shift from it.

Last edited:

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
i love telegram..
even you can used in pc with any browsers.
in urgent i can send any documents with using of telegram..(.pdf,.zip,.doc,. etc and etc ) thats i love telegram..
when i joined telegram , i have only 1 friend,. after telling now i have 92 friends . also they forgot to used Whatapps. only rarely used ...

- - - Updated - - -

I use Telegram too but no other person in my contacts list use it. :(

why not ask to yours friends to join telegram..

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

i love telegram..
even you can used in pc with any browsers.
in urgent i can send any documents with using of telegram..(.pdf,.zip,.doc,. etc and etc ) thats i love telegram..
when i joined telegram , i have only 1 friend,. after telling now i have 92 friends . also they forgot to used Whatapps. only rarely used ...
yes that's one good feature of Telegram...even though Whatsapp can also used via browser but u need to be logged in mobile also.

why not ask to yours friends to join telegram..
+1 to this

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Ok. Here we go. This thought has been bugging me for some time. Months to be precise.

1. We lose our number if we don't use it for 3 months. ( Worst case scenario, user dies). And then that number is given to somebody else. That is the usual practice with operators.

2. Telegram stores all info contacts/messages/media in the cloud related to the number and is available in multiple platforms.

Here is the case.

So a user loses his number, another person gets the number, activates Telegram. Telegram syncs all the previous user's data to this guy.

Your thoughts please ;)

Ironman

In the zone
Isnt this the same case with Whatsapp too ?

And all other IM apps using mobile number as the User ID ?

warrior123

Broken In
Ok. Here we go. This thought has been bugging me for some time. Months to be precise.

1. We lose our number if we don't use it for 3 months. ( Worst case scenario, user dies). And then that number is given to somebody else. That is the usual practice with operators.

2. Telegram stores all info contacts/messages/media in the cloud related to the number and is available in multiple platforms.

Here is the case.

So a user loses his number, another person gets the number, activates Telegram. Telegram syncs all the previous user's data to this guy.

Your thoughts please ;)
Telegram has the option to self destruct within 3 months to max 1 year due to inactivity. When the account self destructs all your associated data including files shared and chats will be deleted. So there is no way that the new owner will be able to sync your old data.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=136474]Allu Azad[/MENTION], [MENTION=305600]warrior123[/MENTION]

Excellent question and answer.

Another thing is are you comfortable with your data being on the cloud?

warrior123

Broken In
Nope. We are not, but it is a necessary evil. The comfort of accessing your files anywhere. The flipside is that the government can seize your files on cloud without any warrant. So be careful what you upload to your cloud account. Also, sensitive files must be password protected with winrar before uploading them.

warrior123

Broken In
Now take a look at this.

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bittorrent.chat&hl=en
This option is available in Telegram too. You can start a secret chat with any of your friends and the message will self destruct after he/she has read the msg.

Telegram is way better then any IM I have used till date. Plenty of options and easy to use. Try it once and see for yourself.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
This option is available in Telegram too. You can start a secret chat with any of your friends and the message will self destruct after he/she has read the msg.

Telegram is way better then any IM I have used till date. Plenty of options and easy to use. Try it once and see for yourself.

Already have it.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

well I found a thread on XDA for the best IM app till date
and maximum people voted for Telegram

I will try this myself :cool:

Top Bottom