IIS on Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I'm having this strange problem with my 64-bit Vista SP1 on my laptop.
I want to enable the IIS on my laptop so just like I did on my desktop, I proceeded to Control Panel>Programs>Turn Windows features on and off
Now as soon as I click on it th box opens up but unlike my desktop(same OS)where a list of services like Telnet,IIS and SNMP etc should be present, here in this case the box is empty.
WTH is wrong here and how to fix it? Is this because I haven't updated the OS, i.e. I have kept Automatic Updates OFF ?
Check the screeny:
*img91.imageshack.us/img91/543/problemv.th.jpg

vamsi360

Always confused
are you logged in as Administrator?

I use 32-bit and IIS works fine with this procedure. I also use terminal services and telnet client.

If you want IIS to test run ASP.NET pages then Visual Studio 2005 and later editions include a virtual IIS that runs every time you run your website.

If you have more problems ask Vishal Guptha in his site. He may help.
www.askvg.com

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I'm tge Admin & my account is the Admin account. I need IIS for my ASP.NET development purpose. The distro, Vista SP1 Ultimate, I'm using on laptop is same as the desktop one but it works absolutely fine on the desktop.
OK, so checked out the link provided and here what happened.
Since I didn't want to perform a system restore so I skipped the 2nd method but in the 1st method, it is instructed to Run System File Checker. I tried to do so but upon executing the the Sfc/scannow command in command prompt, I got this-
Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Rudra Pratap>Sfc/scannow

Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.

C:\Users\Rudra Pratap>
What to do now as I even tried double-checking the status of Windows Trusted Installer under Services.msc and there was none!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom